Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rebuilding Older Sheridans
 Login/Join

posted
I have an old Blue Streak that needs a tuneup. I know I had a bookmark for a place that repaired/upgraded Sheridans but I lost it. Anybody know who that might have been? They had a pump lever upgrade also.

Thanks,
Hal Selvey

Posts: 37 | Location: SE WY | Registered: 30 November 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Found it again! Mac1.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hals--The old Sheridan Streaks are amongst my favorite. If old on the right side of receiver it will not be drilled and tapped for a receiver sight. The newer ones are and have a cover. This is on the right---not the cover on left for bolt removal. Anyways the beefing up you mentioned is called steroid treatment which I haven't had done to any---didnt see the need, I shoot em in my backyard and dont want to increase range. I usually only give them 4 pumps and thats a plenty for starlings and sparrows. I do recommend the receiver sights.

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I got the Lyman receiver sight at the same time I got the rifle. It's a great combination. I need the power because I use the Sheridan to shoot rabbits in the garden. I used to use my 10-22 but too many people have moved into the area to free fire. I also shoot a lot of ground squirrels since they like to eat our flowers.
My eyes are getting bad enough I'm having a little bit of trouble sighting quickly and am thinking of getting something I can put a scope or reflex sight on.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hals--I have a pistol scope--(long eye relief)and was able to mount it scout style way forward on my Sheridan. Probably the best location--but still a poor arrangement. I was not pleased. It was clumsy. The Sheridan is not one to scope. My RWS with scope is great. I used the smallest aperture I could get, but as I got older had to move to larger one. Was your Sheridan already drilled and tapped?

Posts: 3803 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My Sheridan was drilled and tapped. In fact I got it with the peep sight mounted. 1972 or 73 I think. Even after being basically ignored through the 80s and 90s, it has been faithful since I started using it again the last 5 years or so since I moved out onto the prairie in SE Wyoming. I have bagged in excess of 400 ground squirrels with it and a few jack rabbits.
I used to use the sheridan cylindrical pellets with great success, but can't find anything not wasp-waisted anymore, so I guess I'll have to go through the routine of checking out current pellet offerings.

I got a Benjamin Trail NP a few days ago for the rabbits, but will still use the Blue Streak for ground squirrels out the kitchen window. They like to hang out around the bird feeder. Most shots at 20-30 feet. I can still do that fine with iron sights.

I'm thinking about the Air Venturi Intermount with a red dot for the Blue Streak, mounted forward in scout position but am not sure about how it will interfere with pumping.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is the Sheridan my brother and I bought about 50 years ago. I had MAC1 fix the seals, add their steriod kit and add a peep sight. I made a new stock for it with some wood my son-in-law had. It shoots good now! And I gave to two of my grandsons a couple weeks ago.

one of us
posted Hide Post
A real looker. tu2

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nice lumber

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey IowaDon-

-Nice Sheridan!

-Fortunate grandsons, I would say ;-)

one of us
posted Hide Post
Where do you get Sheridan 5mm pellets?

posted Hide Post
I get mine at the local gun shop, but most of the big internet places have them. Crossman and Beeman make them for sure. Sheridan is now Crosman.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wal Mart is too ignorant to grasp the concept that there are .20 cal(5mm pellets). I tried to educate a "customer service rep" out of their headquarters in Arkansas. All I got was lip service. I told him Sam Walton would be ashamed of him. His bottom line was they don't sell 5mm rifles. I told him they sell toilet paper and bras but don't sell A holes and tits---never heard from him again. Anyways I have used both types of Sheridan pellets the cyndrilical and the other and couldn't tell any difference so I get whichever is cheaper.

posted Hide Post
My Bluestreaks really like the cylindricals, and I really like the dispenser box they used to come in. Like everything else, the really good stuff is no longer available because the Chinese can't make it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I told him they sell toilet paper and bras but don't sell A holes and tits

clap That made my night.

Posts: 1284 | Location: N.J | Registered: 16 October 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by J_Zola:
quote:
I told him they sell toilet paper and bras but don't sell A holes and tits

clap That made my night.

Mine too! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Damn nice Sheridan. I still have my first Sheridan!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
FWIW, in regards to 20 caliber pellets I made a swage block that I push 22 caliber pellets through. Not only are 20 caliber pellets darn near impossible to find in my neck of the woods but when you do find them they almost cost more than 22LR shells.

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote

Picture of Mark
posted Hide Post
If anyone is still looking to rebuild an old blue streak, a rebuild kit is $13:

http://www.sportsmans-depot.co...-for-CB9-%26-C9.html

for every hour in front of the computer you should have 3 hours outside

Posts: 7763 | Location: Between 2 rivers, Middle USA | Registered: 19 August 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That kit is for the later cartridge type valve- for the early ones you need this one.Fits the older sheridans too.
http://www.sportsmans-depot.co...-%26-397-Models.html

one of us
posted Hide Post
There are twenty different types of 0.020" Pellets at Pyramid Air. Some are pretty expensive and some aren't too bad. Plus the 4th Tin(least expensive one) is FREE. No idea about the Shipping though.

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just repaired a Sheridan Blue Streak 5MM pump up rifle . Last year I repaired a Benjiman Mdl 312 22 pump up air rifle . I got the parts and tool needed from Brian& Associates Anderson SC. Tell No 864 261 6810. They also rebuild old air rifles. http://www.bryanandac.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Varmint Hunter Magazine (July-September 2011 -- Issue #79 -- page 147) published an article I wrote "A Pellet Rifle for Grandsons"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have an older Benjamin and am interested in this Mac1. However, the web site I found via Google is really bad, or there is some other issue.
Mac1airgun.com or Mac1airgunstore.com load OK, sometimes, then things go south from there.
Is it me or my system, or their end?
Lou M

Posts: 106 | Location: Northern CA | Registered: 23 July 2005Reply With Quote