THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AIR RIFLE FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Air Rifle    I think I have a bad barrel...Beeman GS950

Moderators: big6x6
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I think I have a bad barrel...Beeman GS950
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I bought this rifle a year or two ago, and played with it some and never could get it to shoot the way I wanted. I was actually pretty dissapointed after all the stuff I had been reading on the net about 1/4" this and 1/2" that. This one I can't get under an inch for anything at 15 yards or so. I can shoot my fathers RWS just fine, and it has irons instead of a scope, so I doubt it is me.

Anyways, the other night I look down the muzzle end of the barrel instead of the breech end, and I was very dissapointed. There are some rather bad machine marks, and they are all right around the end of the muzzle, say within 1/2" or so.

I do not have the five year service plan, will Beeman still take care of this, or do I need to just chuck this puppy up in the lathe and shorten the barrel up untill the marks are gone? I know this is an imported from Spain model, and not a true German Beeman, so that is why I was wondering.

Posts: 417 | Location: TX panhandle | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Spanish ... bet that little porker is a "Gamo", bad machining is sort of a trademark.
Try call them, if you get no joy then chop it.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's a Beeman GS 950, this model comes out of the Norica plant...

They gave me a bit of run around, but in the end said I could send it back as long as I had all the paperwork. I'm still debating what to do, but if I'm going to send it I need to do it now before the pecan trees start putting on nuts. This is my vermin control rifle I use on squirrels. Dirty little buggers start in August, pulling nuts off while they are still green and spitting all the pieces out on my patio and deck when they aren't ripe. Need it back and tuned up before then.

I imagine I will probably send it if I can find my receipt.

Posts: 417 | Location: TX panhandle | Registered: 08 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Swede44mag
posted Hide Post
Sell or trade it and get a Beeman R9 I shoot mine across the room at a 22 rifle trap and can easly stack most of the shots even with open sights. 24 feet may not be a long way but I am happy with mine BTW it is a .177 I wanted a .22 but it was tooooo expensive.

Good luck I wish I had some squils in my back yard to worry about.

Swede

---------------------------------------------------------
NRA Life Member

Posts: 1608 | Location: Central, Kansas | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote