New
Find
Notify
Tools

Trigger advice/resources
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I ended up getting a Beeman RS3(a chinese made beeman) with both 22 and 17 barrels. I am shooting it in my garage to get it at least partially broke in before getting too serious. So far so good.....but the trigger is quite bad. I don't mind the travel that a two stage trigger has but there are some rough spots and it is quite heavy(I don't have a trigger scale but it takes a lot of pressure)

How patient should I be about the trigger getting better? I have about 50 rounds through it now....Should it get much better or should I try and adjust/polish it. The manual it came with is very light on info...actually a very general manual for all spring airguns by beeman, no model specific info at all.

I thought I was going to need a different scope or adjustable mounts since it was shooting 3 inches right at 20 feet!!! I finally got it closer to center. Those 1/4" clicks at 100 yards scopes need a lot of movment to get over at 20 feet. I might get it outside tday since it is not raining quite so hard.

Any good websites for DIY airgun trigger work?

-phil

Posts: 126 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 07 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Give it 200 or so shots, then have it to bits.
It's fairly obvious what you'll need to do once it is apart.
Just be careful you don't make it too light. That can be bad news for your thumb when your loading up.
I make sure everybody keeps a hand on the barrel or cocking lever when loading. Even with guns that have an anti-beartrap system.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote