New
Find
Notify
Tools

Not experienced here
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a Hatsan break bbl that has picaninny rails. I have not used the cheap 4x32 scope that came with it, but thought I'd try it. I cannot mount this scope far enough back to get a comfortable eye relief for me. This type of quick release looks like it would let me set it back further. Am I looking at this correctly?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/35290...tkp%3ABk9SR76FtOvSYQ

Posts: 15880 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Should work, but consider buying a better scope at some point. I am down to just one break-barrel, but have a Hawke 2-7 mounted on it that I am pretty happy with.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16407 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
P.S. Might want to spray paint the mount black or FDE or some other color than raspberry pink, lest you be asked to show your man card ... rotflmo

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16407 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, that's a crap color. Thanks guys.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
How can rings be both 1” and 30mm? It’s one or the other and there is nothing on the listing that gives you a choice….. coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of eagle27
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
How can rings be both 1” and 30mm? It’s one or the other and there is nothing on the listing that gives you a choice….. coffee

See the inserts in the image?

Posts: 3858 | Location: Nelson, New Zealand | Registered: 03 August 2009Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Whatever you do, NEVER buy cheap scope or mounts.

The number brought here and turned out to be totally useless can fill a whole house!

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66988 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, I bought one in black. I may never use it as I like this gun with open sights just fine. But I will play a bit, upgrading to a better scope before I do. I will see about drilling & pinning the mount while in the process. I hear they like to walk.

one of us
Picture of Jiri
posted Hide Post
Never understand the concept of scopes (mounted to the body) on break barrel air rifles.

Jiri

Posts: 2076 | Location: Czech Republic | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was surprised to learn a few years back that it was unadvisable to use CF scopes on an air rifle, as the air recoil would tend to break the crosshairs. Still not sure about that, but never wanted to put a Leopold to the test. Any opinions?

Posts: 4230 | Location: Austin,Texas | Registered: 08 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well I received the set back mount & put it on & it did the trick. Now I will keep my eyes glancing sideways for awhile looking for a good scope I can afford. I wasn't all that happy with the sleeve adapters that came with it. They are thick enough that they wouldn't let the clamps close down as far as I'd like, leaving gap spacing at the edges, and they didn't wrap fully around the scope either. They have an interlocking tab & slot for the 2 pieces to wrap around & I had to trim the slot out because of ill fit. It doesn't affect the function, tho. I can cure most of this by getting a scope with a 30mm barrel so the sleeves aren't used.