New
Find
Notify
Tools

Beeman R-7
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Can anyone tell me about the Beeman R-7 in 25 caliber? Accuracy? Power? Any idea what one is worth in almost new condition?

Same questions for the R-7 in 17 caliber?

Craftsman

Posts: 1530 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
R-7 in .177 is about 550-570fps. Mine does 535fps but its an old one with a tight seal. Don't believe they ever made a R-7 in .25, would be very under powered.

Posts: 154 | Location: Sourland Mt. , NJ | Registered: 14 May 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good little gun it's an HW 30 or 35 I think.
Like Bill says, not much use in .25
They are around $400 new.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My mistake. The 25 caliber Beeman is an R-1 like new condition.

Any idea what they are worth? Are they a good small game air rifle? Accuracy?

Craftsman

Posts: 1530 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 11 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
All spring guns are a challenge to shoot really well.
The guns would be accurate, it's doing enough practice to get good with them.
Either one would be a nice gun, the R-7 for anything up to Rabbits at 25 yards.
The .25 would probably only give you another 10y in range, but you could take much bigger game like Fox or even Coyotes. If you got fairly close.
With Airgun hunting it's not how hard you hit 'em it's totally where you hit 'em.
I always prefer a really fast, flat flying small cal rather than a larger slower one.
If you don't hit the heart or brain there is no real shock effect, so it's normally either a clean kill, or a total F*** up.

"When doing battle, seek a quick victory."

Posts: 4739 | Location: London England | Registered: 11 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Craftsman--Would think the cost of .25 cals would put it in catagory of might as well use a .22 rimfire or even a centerfire if you reload. My hometown Is Wichita Falls--graduated high school in early 60's---Im sure we know some folks in common.

Posts: 1289 | Location: San Angelo,Tx | Registered: 22 August 2003Reply With Quote