New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wipeout and Browing BAR Gas system.....
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Apparently there is a small port in the barrel of a BAR the lets the gas into the gas system. Do you think using wipeout (or other cleaner for that matter) would be a problem over the years for the gas system??

Posts: 2002 | Location: central wi | Registered: 13 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
I hope not, I've been using it in my BAR's and HK SLB for several years. No ill effects that I know of.

Browningguy
Houston, TX
We Band of 45-70ers

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As routine maintenance you should take apart the gas system apart for cleaning, as far as fouling the pressure hole in the barrel I wouldn't worry about that since it is exposed to extreme pressure however on the two BARs that I own the piston and related parts do get dirty. I have never had a malfunction but maintenance will minimize that. Prior to my BAR I had a rem 742 that ripped the rim off a 30-06 shell and left it in the chamber. I was told tat was attributable to a dirty chamber?

NRA Life Member, ILL Rifle Assoc Life Member, Navy

Posts: 2299 | Location: Monee, Ill. USA | Registered: 11 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob G
posted Hide Post
When cleaning any gas operated rifle it is always recommended to keep the rifle upside down to keep the bore cleaner out of the gas system, if you don't intend to clean the gas system completely. Since the Fowl Out is probably going to migrate into the gas port no matter how you have the rifle, it would be recommended to clean out the gas system, since gas systems should be kept dry. The BAR is a great choice for a gas operated rifle.

Do it right the first time.

Posts: 239 | Location: North Smithfield, RI USA | Registered: 09 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I used Wipe-out, and now GunSlick in my AR10 with no problems what so ever.

Posts: 27 | Location: Sanger, TEXAS | Registered: 30 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have been using Outers Foaming Bore Cleaner in my AR. After I patch out the bore cleaner I Put compressed air through the gas in the upper receiver. The basic air chuck that came with the compressor fits snug and blows anything that might have gotten in, out.

Posts: 40 | Location: Maine | Registered: 04 June 2007Reply With Quote