New
Find
Notify
Tools

Warthog 1134 Now Guranteed
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
We have had a lot of customer feedback on Warthog since we put the bore cleaner on the market, all of the feed back spontaneous, and all of it positive. Warthog does what we say it will do so it's no surprise that customers that have used Warthog are satisfied with the product. We are confident enough in our product to make the following offer: If Warthog 1134 doesn't clean your bore faster than the product you are using now, we will refund the full purchase price plus the shipping and handling charges, no questions asked. Ship back the unused portion and we'll refund the full amount of your purchase. We'll even pay the cost of shipping the product back to us. Warthog will make your cleaning chores much easier. That's a gurantee.

I do not believe any bore cleaner on the market offers any sort of gurantee.

Posts: 631 | Location: North Dakota | Registered: 14 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Get it at warthog1134.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
What is in Warthog?

Posts: 9207 | Registered: 22 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
ireload--most of what's in it is copper removing stuff.

Posts: 510 | Location: pa | Registered: 07 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I recieved a bottle of warthog quite a while ago, and have not had a chance to shoot since I got it. I have not forgotten it and intend to try it as soon as the Maine snow melts a bit. Roger said he would send me a bottle, and he did, just waiting for the oppertunity to use it and let you know what I think of it.

Bob

Posts: 529 | Location: Harrison, Maine - Pensacola, Fl. | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I will be taking my bottle to Canada to clean some firearms for my guide and his daughter. Apparently, they haven't cleaned the INSIDE of the tube. EVER. Should be interesting and I thought, what a great test.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
posted Hide Post
I bought some and used it and it was as represented with no problems I could observe with the firearm. Nice work Roger!

One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
I sure hope it's good, it cost's over $400 a gallon Eeker....before shipping. I didn't notice a multiple bottle shipping discount, so with shipping it'll cost almost $650 a gallon Eeker...and it's just another amonia based solvent. With the price of copper going through the roof and now the price to remove that copper, I'd say were getting PRICED out of shooting..

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
pointblank--i don't care if it cost $1000.00 per gal.--IT IS GOOD STUFF AND CLEANS AS ADVERTISED. Times are a changing, and costs don't come into it.

One of Us
Picture of pointblank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by two canoes:
pointblank--i don't care if it cost $1000.00 per gal.--IT IS GOOD STUFF AND CLEANS AS ADVERTISED. Times are a changing, and costs don't come into it.

If you feel it works for you, then have at it. I personally find that there are many other solvents out there that work for me...for less than 1/4 the price. I guess I'll spend my money on bullets. I probably spend in excess of 3K on bullets in a year, so as you can guess, money isn't the problem here. I just don't like being fleeced.

Posts: 2073 | Registered: 28 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yup, Warthog is more expensive per bottle than most of the competition, but the guarantee is there for a reason.

A little math before the guarantee stuff.

Wipeout is the only product on the market that tells the user how many barrels it will clean. We checked out all of them, and if they say, we didn’t find a number. The Wipe Out website says 75 cleanings per can. The suggested retail price is $14.00 a can. That’s 75 cleanings for $14.00.

Ten drops of Warthog will saturate a 1.5 inch Pro Shot patch. At ten drops per patch, a 4 ounce bottle of Warthog 1134 will saturate 5,000 patches. We tested that. Sat down and dripped cleaner out of the handy drip spout.

If you use 10 patches saturated with Warthog to clean a bore, you’ll get 500 cleanings out of a bottle. (8 drops will wet 8000 patches but not saturate the patch. For those who use smaller patches)

Warthog: 500 cleanings @ 20.00 = $.04 per cleaning.
Wipe Out: 75 cleanings @ 14.00 = $.19 per cleaning.

Which is the more expensive cleaner?

You can spill half of our product and it’s still cheaper than the competition.

pointblank, using Warthog won’t price you out of shooting; in fact, you’ll have more money to buy more bullets that foul more of your barrels requiring more Warthog. If you order a bottle of Warthog, you and I might single-handedly turn the entire world economy around.

An added note: We’ve gone international, not something we planned on, but the demand is there.

We just got an order from an Army unit deploying to Iraq. We’re preparing the order today for shipment tomorrow.

We started shipped Warthog to troops in Afghanistan a few months ago.

Had our first inquiry from Belgium last week.

Had an opportunity to ship to Australia but I blew it. I didn’t get the correct information on shipping to the country. If any Auzzies are interested, we can now jump through the proper hoops to get Warthog to you.

We are shipping to Canada without any problem.

The above user posts are average for our product. Warthog does what we say it will do, and on average, does it faster than the competition. If it doesn’t, send the unused portion back. We’ll refund the purchase price, the shipping and handling charge, and the postage back to us. Show me a bore cleaner that offers a similar warranty.

warthog1134.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ireload2:
What is in Warthog?

It's ammonia based with added ingredients to enhance performance. Those ingredients are proprietary and a company secret.

warthog1134.com

one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger--good stuff, i don't care what they say.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
any adverse reaction to chrome lined BBL's?

Posts: 3986 | Location: in the tall grass "milling" around. | Registered: 09 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KSTEPHENS:
any adverse reaction to chrome lined BBL's?

If the chrome has been properly applied, it will not harm your barrel.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one who can't access the warthog website??

Never argue with an idiot, because eventually you can't tell who the idiot is.

Posts: 193 | Location: Laramie, Wyoming | Registered: 01 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gary Surko
posted Hide Post
No,I can't get it either.

Political correctness offends me.

Posts: 668 | Location: Hastings, Michigan | Registered: 23 April 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sorry guys, I went on vacation and things fell apart while I was gone.

Web host server went down. That conicided with my first ISP still having our domain name on their server, the yearly few expiring, and them not notifying me. So they locked it.

Also, ISP changed servers. They sent an E-mail, unfortunately, we were on vacation and didn't get the E-mail with the instructions needed to make the change. You see, with the E-mail on the part that's down, and not being able to connect, there was no way of knowing what I needed to do to get back in service. Like the chicken or or the egg, except, I couldn't reach either the chicken or the egg.

We should have it up and running in a few days. Depends on people that hate me doing what I have ordered them to do and who I have absolutely no control over. I am transfering all of our required services to local companies who supply 1; excellent services, or 2; butts close enough to kick.

Anybody that wanted to place an order and couldn't get through, will get a discount. Amount negotiable.

warthog1134.com

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update.....sh*t happens........

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
And then to top it off, my computer crashed. It refused to boot. I got it to boot off a floppy and then backed up, but that's all she wrote. Seems like every 2 years I'm replacing my computer. Same symptoms. Refuses to boot. This time I replaced the motherboard battery and that brought it back as good as new. Now I'm wondering about all of the others I've replaced.

Thanks for the patience.

RogerK

warthog1134.com

one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Hey Roger,

I just ordered a bottle to try.........

Thanks,

Bob

There is room for all of God's creatures....right next to the mashed potatoes.
http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was about to order a test bottle of this stuff since it seems to be worth trying out.

Sorry, but until you set up a secure server I will not be placing any orders with you, especialy since you are asking for the CVV2 code, this is really a bad thing to do on an unsecure server.

I also recomend to any one else that they don't provide any critical information to this or any other company unless at the absolute very least, you see a little lock closed in the bottom of your web browser showing that it is a secure server.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad tiddings RogerK, but this is something that is basic to internet commerce.

Josh

Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves. - Lord Byron

"They were not killing each other under Saddam."-Saaed

Posts: 407 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: 16 July 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ditto what Josh said, I was gonna try the solvent just to give it a fair shake, but the lack of security on the Warthog1134 site put a quick end to that thought Frowner.

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
Great job Josh and wrongtarget. Have you been over to World Net Daily to in form them that Rogers site is not secure?

Might want to call NBC news also.

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by STINGER:
Great job Josh and wrongtarget. Have you been over to World Net Daily to in form them that Rogers site is not secure?

You are being simply rediculous. If you don't take internet security seriously, especialy about critical personal information, you are fated to become just another statistic.

Why do you seem to be taking this personaly? RogerK seems to be a nice enough person and some of us could use his example of what being polite rather than sarcastic means. But asking for personal and credit card info on an unsecured webpage is terribly irresponsible. If he is a buddy of yours, perhaps you should urge him to take his potential customers expectations seriously. Jumping in the middle with silly sarcasm only gives him "guilt by association" with thoughtless people.

Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves. - Lord Byron

Posts: 407 | Location: Columbus, Ohio | Registered: 16 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joshua43214:
quote:

You are being simply rediculous. If you don't take internet security seriously, especialy about critical personal information, you are fated to become just another statistic.

Why do you seem to be taking this personaly? RogerK seems to be a nice enough person and some of us could use his example of what being polite rather than sarcastic means. But asking for personal and credit card info on an unsecured webpage is terribly irresponsible. If he is a buddy of yours, perhaps you should urge him to take his potential customers expectations seriously. Jumping in the middle with silly sarcasm only gives him "guilt by association" with thoughtless people.

A few things I've earned in 70 + years is the right to speak what I want to. That sometimes might be deemed critical, sarcastic and impolite. So be it. You opened up the trash can by informing the world of the insecurity. Very polite. I merely pointed that out. A private message would have been more appropriate.

If you don't like my attitude go have aerial intercourse with a perforated rolling spherical piece of pastry.

Bill

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Stinger but I for one, appreciate the heads up. I think that it was responsible for Joshua to point this weakness out publicly. I want to give the stuff a try but I will wait until Roger gets the security up to snuff.

Posts: 185 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bill,
No blood, no foul Smiler

quote:

...go have aerial intercourse with a perforated rolling spherical piece of pastry.

Bill

Mind if I steal this? I laughed my ass off when I read it.

One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
Glad you liked it. I spent 27 years in the military and starting in the late 70's we were trying to make the military a bit more civilized and humane by not cursing sooo much.

That was one of the sayings I made up to cover a less than flatering thing I used to say formerly.

What I was alluding to in my first message was that the man made a mistake and probably never even considered about security. You should have pointed out the error of his ways in private.

Anyway as you said no blood, no foul. Thank you for taking my criticism with a grain of salt.

Best wishes, Bill

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was about to order a test bottle of this stuff since it seems to be worth trying out.

Sorry, but until you set up a secure server I will not be placing any orders with you, especialy since you are asking for the CVV2 code, this is really a bad thing to do on an unsecure server.

I also recomend to any one else that they don't provide any critical information to this or any other company unless at the absolute very least, you see a little lock closed in the bottom of your web browser showing that it is a secure server.

Sorry to be a bearer of bad tiddings RogerK, but this is something that is basic to internet commerce.

Josh

Sorry we frightened you off. It’s a needless scare.

Secure web servers, aren’t. Take note of the of the many hackers that break into supposedly secure sites.

With that in mind, we’ve done everything possible to make our site secure. We just don’t advertise it.

ISP has firewall in place.
Also virus protection.
Firewall, virus and spy ware software in place on the company computers and updated regularly.
Encryption in place.

Any information a customer supplies on our site goes into a secure server. We just don’t advertise it.

When we receive an order, we print the specifics, bill the order, and then destroy everything except the customer’s name, address and phone number. We keep that for the rifle contest. When that ends, we’ll destroy the list. That information is stored on paper, not on a hard drive. We do not, have never, and will never store any customer financial information such as credit card information on our computers, or any where else.

We delete and electronically shred all order information on our server and the company computers within minutes of receiving the order. The shredding is a back up to the other security we have in place. We enter a customer’s credit card information by hand one at a time when we collect payment from your credit card company. Nothing automated there, so nothing is stored. I’m sure you trust you credit card company with your credit card number. If you don’t, I just wasted a lot of time writing this reply.

To make the system even more secure, we turn off the company computers when not in use, and we also turn off the battery backup. Hard for a hacker to jump those switches. The computers are on only when somebody is actively using one. Come to think of it, while we have a passel of computers, none of them are on a networked. Only two computers hook to the net. The rest don’t.

We aren’t accumulating any information for any data base, and we NEVER make any customer information available to any one, for any reason for one simple reason; we don’t keep that information.

If that still scares you, you can mail a check. Was a time when mail order actually worked that way.

Or you can call me at 701-254-4096. Nine to beer-thirty any day, Central Time. I’m always willing to BS on hunting in any part of the country.

On shooting. On fishing.

Did I say BS? I meant serious conversation.

Roger Kaseman

warthog1134.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The security issue comes from 2 ends.

Spyware installed on a computer can track every mouse click and keyboard stroke made, then reconstruct a webpage and display it to a 3rd party. Spyware of this nature routinely creeps into most desktop computers. Normaly it is used for tracking people for advertising, but it is commonly transmitted in an unsecured manner making interception easy and also there is no control made on employees of companies on the recieving end to not use the information. This type of malware if the responsibility of the computer user to prevent, and is easy enough to overcome with the right software.

On the other end, one does not need to penetrate a firewall to see information entered into a web page. To an experienced hacker, watching the inputs into a webpage is no more difficult than evesdropping on a conversation from someone sitting next to them. Even the hash marks that cover up passwords can be penetrated with ease. Thieves will target websites like yours especialy since no effort is made to protect sensitive information at its most vulnerable spot, its input box. Being in a gun related business makes you an even bigger target for people with malice towards all gun owners.

Securing the webpage causes the web connection to dis-allow this type of viewing and hacking past it is a whole magnitude to trouble higher. The computers at both ends "link up" with a cypher that is basicaly not worth the effort to break. At that point it is easier to hack past the firewall than to spy on the source since the cypher is far more complex.

I have no doubt that you are treating the information with care once its in your hands, but you are not stopping the information from reaching other hands before yours. I understand you feel you have made every effort to protect your customers, but you are leaving them vulnerable at one of the most critical spots. Its not like you are Yahoo.com or one of the other big sites that become a target for hackers, A good hardware firewall and a software firewall on your computer will probably be sufficient to protect data on your hard drive even if left connected 24/7.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's some basic internet security info for everyone to learn from.

http://info.ssl.com/article.aspx?id=10068

http://www.fbi.gov/majcases/fraud/internetschemes.htm

quote:
Avoiding Credit Card Fraud
Don't give out your credit card number(s) online unless the site is a secure and reputable site. Sometimes a tiny icon of a padlock appears to symbolize a higher level of security to transmit data. This icon is not a guarantee of a secure site, but might provide you some assurance.
Don't trust a site just because it claims to be secure.
Before using the site, check out the security/encryption software it uses.
Make sure you are purchasing merchandise from a reputable source.
Do your homework on the individual or company to ensure that they are legitimate.
Try to obtain a physical address rather than merely a post office box and a phone number, call the seller to see if the number is correct and working.
Send them e-mail to see if they have an active e-mail address and be wary of sellers who use free e-mail services where a credit card wasn’t required to open the account.
Consider not purchasing from sellers who won't provide you with this type of information.
Check with the Better Business Bureau from the seller’s area.
Check out other web sites regarding this person/company.
Don’t judge a person/company by their web site.
Be cautious when responding to special offers (especially through unsolicited e-mail).
Be cautious when dealing with individuals/companies from outside your own country.
The safest way to purchase items via the Internet is by credit card because you can often dispute the charges if something is wrong.
Make sure the transaction is secure when you electronically send your credit card numbers.
You should also keep a list of all your credit cards and account information along with the card issuer’s contact information. If anything looks suspicious or you lose your credit card(s) you should contact the card issuer immediately.

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I used to consider myself reasonably brave. I faced Sergeant Bernie Williams in basic traing and survived. I've faced armed criminals and survived. I got married and I survived. But this, well, you guys just scared the hell out of me. I see the light. As soon as I finish this post, I'm going to shut down the business, shut down my computer, then I'm going out into my freshly mowed lawn, and I am going to dig a hole, then I'm going to crawl in, and I am going to wait for the world to end. With all of the dire information above, I do believe it will end. I hope I have enough time to get the hole dug.

RogerK

Good bye cruel world. Life just isn't worth living with all of this turmoil.

warthog1134.com

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bill,
No blood, no foul Smiler

quote:

...go have aerial intercourse with a perforated rolling spherical piece of pastry.

Bill

Mind if I steal this? I laughed my ass off when I read it.

SO DID I!! I've already saved it, that was hilarious!!! animal

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
Hey guys, have at it. If I knew in 1979 that it was going to be that popular I would have copyrighted it.

There was also a brevity code we made up when I was an aircrew member and our language was a bit raw for the Ladies that worked in the Intelligence section.

Just take your favorite curse words and number them and place them in a sentence in the proper order.

Ours started with 100, so we called it the 100 Stinger Brevity Code. Stinger was the AC-119K Gunship that was used in 'nam,Cambodia and Laos for truck and supply interdiction on the Ho Chi Minh Trail. Under dire circumstances we still used cuss words. When you get hosed down by Anti Aircraft Artillery you say a lot of things that were not part of your normal speech process.

Glad you got a laugh.

Best wishes, Bill