Find
Notify
Tools

KG solvent equivalent = ?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted
What does KG-3 correspond to? Tried KG-12 yesterday and used KROIL for the solvent flush.

I have way too much cleaning stuff to just throw it away (I think). Can I try other solvents, or should I just get everything in the KG kit?

Thanx

Posts: 4851 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have never used any KG3. If you read the descriptions it sounds like a cleaner. I've started using brake cleaner after KG12 or KG 2 (wherever they mention KG3).

Before that I used kroil then oil. Always oil after!

The link below describes the product uses:
http://www.simmonsle.com/pdf/G...%20Sheet%20(SLE).pdf

Cliff
NRA Life Member
CMP Distinguished Rifleman
NRA Master, Short and Long Range

Posts: 436 | Location: Fulshear, TX | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Mucho thanks!

Posts: 4851 | Location: Bryan, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I quite simply gave all my other cleaning stuff to a friend and switched to all KG products. I haven't found anything that works nearly as well.

Posts: 816 | Location: Whitlock, TN | Registered: 23 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Bore Tech Eliminator for carbon, then KG-12 for copper. When my BTE is empty I'll be swapping to all KG line. KG-1 for carbon, KG-2 for polish/Cu (optional), KG-3 solvent and KG-12 for Cu. Wipe-Out is a mess and all the others fall behind the KG stuff.

FWIW, I used BTE followed by KROIL and oil until now. Lots of layering found while using new KG-12. Couldn't touch it with BTE and Shooter's Choice leftovers either.

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Unlike Gun Scrubb'r and brake cleaner, KG-3 has no CFC's. Tetrachloroethylene is carcinogenic, BTW. I'm sold.