New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sweets and hyd. peroxide test
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I bought a fresh bottle of hydrogen peroxide.

Put a couple drops of sweets on a tin, then added a drop or 2 of Hyd.peroxide expecting it to foam up or something.

Nothing happened , mixed the two up still nothing.

Try it. what happens.

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well I "sweeted" my bore then ran a patch of Hyd peroxide after 10 min and did get a little foam at the mussle. Woppy doo... wasnt that exciteing!! Roll Eyes

I dont know if that was a reaction with the sweets or just other crap down the barrel coffee

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Acidic? Im not a chemist but I dont think peroxide is acidic or what its PH is. I will have to research that one. I will be suprised if it is.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep it sure enough is acidic clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mixing Hyd peroxide and amonia doe a good job of removing lead from barrels but, it also EATS DENTS IN BE BARREL. Don't!

Posts: 355 | Location: Roanoke, Virginia | Registered: 29 May 2003Reply With Quote