New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wipeout Clones
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
We have had many discussions on the merits of Wipeout, I too, am a big fan. Now on the market is Forrest Bore Foam, Outers, and Gunslick products.

This morning on one of the hunting shows on OLN, I saw an ad for "Knockout", another foaming bore cleaner.

Is this identical to all the others? Has anyone here on AR had experience with this product?

Maybe this type of product has become a commodity and only price and availability to the consumer will dictate which to buy and use.

Thanks,

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
It would also be interesting to know which are the same product travelling under different names and which are totally different, which I guess is saying exactly the same thing as you did. I just mean identical chemical composition, not similar results.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Knockout is Forrest bore foam....

http://65.217.230.247/prodinfo.asp?number=FORREST1

Outers, Gunslick and Forrest are all made by Milfoam. Wipe-Out seems to be another product, although I see no difference in how they work.

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the replies.

RCG

Posts: 1129 | Location: Land of Lincoln | Registered: 15 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
Wipeout contains monoethanolamine, which can be dangerous. How they get by without warnings I do not know.

I use monoethanolamine straight, but I'm always very careful...gloves, etc.

Suggest you guys be careful.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19313 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of aktoklat
posted Hide Post
monoethanolamine? I did a search on this chemical and discovered it is used in laundry detergent, men and womens hair coloring agent. I suppose it depends on what strength or normality of monoethanolamine that is contained in these products and the amount of time of skin contact?

Focus on the leading edge!

Posts: 453 | Location: Louisiana by way of Alaska | Registered: 02 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Not sure who is cloning who, as years ago a pro-shooter friend used Evenrude upper engine cleaner (internal). Drained it thru every day while he slept. Then just patched out and shot all night. Says he got the idea from his hot- shot local barrel maker. (Madco).

Posts: 2355 | Location: Australia | Registered: 14 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have only used Outers. I really like the tube on the can makes keeping action, mag. area clean ( no foam ) very easy and it removes all copper.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I've been a Wipeout fan since Shilen recommended it to me back in '99. I was out recently and tried some foam bore cleaner from Gunslick. It worked ok, but I don't like the consistency of the foam. It's like it expands before it actually can work it's way down the barrel. Go figure. Anyway, I'm sticking with Wipeout.

Posts: 852 | Location: Austin | Registered: 24 October 2003Reply With Quote