Find
Notify
Tools

Foaming Bore Cleaners
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Is there any difference between them ?
I can find GunSlick localy. Wipe out is not available. Which is better ??

Hang on TITE !!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have used Gunslick in my rifles for quite a few years and I let it soak for at least two hours and sometimes for a half day or so with no damage to the bores. I like the applicator tube of the Gunslick for the centerfire rifles but had to get the Wipeout for my 17HMR because of the smaller nozzle-tube. I can't see any difference in the performance of either product. BTW, I never use a bore brush in my barrels, I just soak them with the foaming agent and run patches through them and they clean up better than when I used Butch's Bore Shine and other ammonia based products.

Dennis
Life member NRA

Posts: 1189 | Location: Ft. Morgan, CO | Registered: 15 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I use Forrest Bore Foam and I really like it. It's kinda spendy but a can sure has alot in it.

It works just like the directions state: spray bore full of foam and let sit 20 mintues.

One tight fitting patch will push all the gunk & blue-colored copper out.

I use monometals exclusively in 25-06 Remington and 300 Weatherby and the barrels come clean pretty easily after one application. I clean them after a 50 cartridge MTM box cycle.

I haven't used any other foams but this stuff sure beats the liquid copper removers with their ammonia content.

Cheers,

Number 10

Posts: 3433 | Location: Frankfurt, Germany | Registered: 23 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MickinColo
posted Hide Post
I like Wipe Out. I order it from Midway. I’ve used Forrest Bore Foam and it’s all right too but I think Wipe Out works better. The other thing I like about Wipe Out is that I don’t have to listen to the wife complain about the stink like she does with liquid cleaners.

Posts: 2650 | Location: Lakewood, CO | Registered: 15 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Picked up a can of the "Gunslick" foam. Tried it on a copper fouled BBL. Worked better than I figured it would. I liked it !

Hang on TITE !!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use wipe-out. I buy it a case at a time that way I never run out. Order it from Graf and sons

Posts: 161 | Location: Denair Ca USA | Registered: 21 March 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I like Wipe Out...if wipe out won't work or I want something aggressive..I mix a quart jar of 25% commercial amonia, add a cup or Hydrogen peroxide and drop a copper bullet in it to activate it..

Its called "Blue Goop" and was and is used by Bench Rest Shooters..It will about clean a barrel surgically with one or two swipes, then dry it out immediately, clean with Hoppes or whatever, wipe it dry, and oil it profusely so it won't rust your bore...use in open air conditions..

I have used the same jar for about the last 10 years, it goes a long way and its cheap and I still have half a gallon of amonia left somewhere in the shop and Hydrogen peroxide in my horse trailer, so can mix a batch about anytime...

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41859 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote