New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cleaning Your Cleaning Clothes
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I screwed up and didn't think before I sat down to clean guns and was wearing one of my better decorated T-shirts. When I finished I noticed there were a couple of oily spots. I clean using Hoppe's #9 solvent (which seems to have an oil base) and Hoppe's gun oil.

Anybody know what to use to get the oily stains out? My wife tried using a regular laundry pre-treat solution and it didn't faze the stain. So anybody here have any suggestions? Maybe your spouses know something.

Otherwise I have a shirt to wear when cleaning.

thanks in advance.

`

A wise man’s heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man’s heart directs him toward the left.
(Ecclesiastes 10:2 New American Standard Bible)

Posts: 1400 | Location: Southeast San Antonio, TX | Registered: 05 August 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My friend works on heavy equipment .I once asked his wife about getting out stains from various lubes etc. She shrugged ,saying if they come out they come out ,if they don't they stay !!!
Now you have a T-shirt for cleaning or you could cut it up for bore patches or cleaning rags.

one of us
Picture of arkypete
posted Hide Post
During the summer I wear golf shirts to work. I'll get glue, oil, stains on them.
Wife person inspects me, when ever we go out, like my mother and squad leader did in the past, not the same person.
I don't worry what my shirt looks like, stains and wrinkles don't really bother me since I'm inside the shirt, looking out.
When the shirt gets to bad wife bags them and they go to GoodWill.

Jim

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 6173 | Location: Richmond, Virginia | Registered: 17 September 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
arkypete wrote:
quote:
Wife person inspects me, when ever we go out,

Mine used to. Now she just complains if she notices something.

Unfortunately, the shirt with the little iol stains is my Don't Tread On Me shirt from Gadsden and Culpepper. I can replace it. And it's kinda appropriate for gun related activities, don't you think?

`

A wise man’s heart directs him toward the right, but the foolish man’s heart directs him toward the left.
(Ecclesiastes 10:2 New American Standard Bible)

Posts: 1400 | Location: Southeast San Antonio, TX | Registered: 05 August 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
I've had several shirts that were saved by sending them to a dry cleaners and letting them know about the spots.
Had other shirts that the spots never came out.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote