THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM GUN CLEANING FORUM

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kroil - can I find it locally - Idaho Falls, Idaho?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Would like to get some of this stuff, but would like to get it locally if I can.

Where would I find it?

Thanks.

Posts: 437 | Location: S.E. Idaho | Registered: 23 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Gary Surko
posted Hide Post
Midway has it.

Political correctness offends me.

Posts: 668 | Location: Hastings, Michigan | Registered: 23 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of STINGER
posted Hide Post
Marvel Mystery Oil is very similar in performance. Fact is I can't find a lot of difference between the two.

Marvel can be found at most farm implement stores and some auto supply stores.

Bill

Posts: 479 | Location: MINOT, NORTH DAKOTA | Registered: 24 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of prof242
posted Hide Post
DITTO Stinger's posting.

.395 Family Member
DRSS, po' boy member
Political correctness is nothing but liberal enforced censorship

Posts: 3490 | Location: Colorado Springs, CO | Registered: 04 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do any of you use Kroil to clean the barrel?

Posts: 161 | Location: hoosierville | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Industrial supply houses have Kroil. Like Fastenal.
I use kroil to clean my rim-fires and use it to neutralize Sweets.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Horn-Harvester:
Do any of you use Kroil to clean the barrel?

I use one third Kroil mixed with two thirds Shooter's Choice as a nitro powder solvent.

Posts: 4799 | Location: Lehigh county, PA | Registered: 17 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ditto onefunze2. I have been using the same mixture for years. I believe I originally found this foumula in Precision Shooting (McPherson???). I know it is popular with the bench-rest brethern.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Horn-Harvester,

I love the stuff. I squirt it on a rag and use it to wipe down my rifles after hunting.

After cleaning I run a patch soaked with kroil through my barrel.

I also use it in my barrel break in on 24 caliber and up rifles. I mix it with jb bore paste and give my hunting rifles 300 strokes with a bronze bore brush coated with this mixture rather than firing the usual breakin shots.
I keep a can in my truck and in my gun cleaning kit. Use it almost as much as duct tape.

Gun shows typically have it. Midway supply, Sinclair Itn'l, and Natchez Shooters Supply all sell it.

GWB

Posts: 23752 | Location: Pearland, Tx,, USA | Registered: 10 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kroil can be bought at Brownells along woth two other great products J&B bore cleaner and bore bright . If I have a big copper problem ( you can tell even after a thorough cleaning by shining a mini mag lite in the muzzel end under dim light)I will use shooters choice copper remover in the bore multiple times up to 15min at a time then clean with a clean patch. then use kroil in the barrel and let it be for a half hour or so. Then use J&B bore cleaner on a patch ( little goes a long way) Push this through bore multiple times until patch comes out dirty and black Repeat with bore bright and kroil and your gun will be cleaner than ever Now thats the way I do it everyone has there own way. Hope this helps you out Then I treat my barrels with a patch of either Smith & Wesson Friction block or Kleen Bore t25b Run through quickly and fast at least twenty times to seat.

Posts: 170 | Location: ky | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote