Find
Notify
Tools

Blaauwkrantz 2011
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted
Outfitter: Blaauwkrantz by Uitenhage, S.A.

Period: July 2nd - 11th, 2011

Animals seen: Brown Bush Duiker, Eastern Cape Kudu, Nyala, Cape Bushbuck, Eland, Waterbuck, Mountain Reedbuck, Vaal Rhebok, Cape Grysbok, Black & Blue Wildebeest, Impala, Blesbok, White Blesbok, Bontebok, Common Springbuck, Burchell's Zebra, Warthog, Bat Eared Fox, Aardwolf, Spotted Genet, Ostrich, Giraffe, Monkeys and Baboons.

Animals taken: Warthog, Black Wildebeest, Impala, Blesbok, Nyala, Blue Wildebeest, Zebra (2), Mountain Reedbuck, Vaal Rhebok, Cape Bushbuck, Common Springbuck, Brown Bush Duiker, Kudu (2), and Cape Grysbok; 16 total.

My hunting partner took 14 animals including a Cape Eland.

PH: Barry Long
Tracker: Benji
Cameraman: Puren Joubert

This was my first trip to the Dark Continent and what a safari it turned out to be. Beyond our guns and bags being lost for the first 8 days of our 10 day safari it was the trip of a lifetime.

I had to borrow the Arthur's 30.06 for the first eight days and was able to use my 300RUM for the last two days.

I call it the Dr. Marten Safari as my first four hunting days were in an Eddie Bauer Shirt, Levi's and Dr. Marten shoes. I did not ever think I would climb hills in my Dr. Marten's but I did it.

I have written a story on each animal that I was fortunate to take as well as a summary of the hunt on my friends website.

I will put the link below. If that is not appropriate and I need to put everything on this site please advise and I can do so. I just thought the link was easier and people could pick and choose what they want to see or read.

My PH was phenomenal and I cannot say enough good about him, Benji, Puren and the entire Rudman staff. They are top notch in every way.

http://www.gettinstokedoutdoor...index.php?board=36.0

I am already planning my next trip to the Dark Continent; I am hooked.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KMG Hunting Safaris
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on an excellent trip. Pity about the luggage, but that is a minor problem if you consider how much you enjoyed the rest of your trip. Arthur is not far from my operation and they do an excellent job.

Congratulations once again!

Best Regards
Marius Goosen

Marius Goosen
KMG Hunting Safaris
Cell, Whats App, Signal + 27 82 8205387
E-mail: info@huntsafaris.co.za
Check us out on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/kmghuntingsafaris
Instagram: @kmg_hunting_safaris

Posts: 1362 | Location: Eastern Cape | Registered: 27 October 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
How's Tinks? Wish I could revisit the avo farm -- Philip Dixie took us along for bushbuck one night and we borrowed Benji for mountain reedbuck, etc. at the conservancy. Nice guy!

That's quite a duiker, and the wartie. Jhooh! (Saw your pix at www.blaauwkrantz.com )

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
It was funny to be able to stop by Barry's place and see his operation and meet Tink's. I had to thank her for letting me take Barry away for 10 days. He was so amazing.

We stayed a couple of nights with Philip and Zani and that was a great treat as well.

Just an amazing amazing trip. Cannot wait to go back.

One of Us
Picture of BNagel
posted Hide Post
Love those English South Africans, Justin. When the Daniell's cheetah guy's brother told Philip thieves pinched 26 of his sheep one night, the reply was; "That's a shambles, man!"

Barry (Nagel)

Posts: 4848 | Location: Clute, Texas | Registered: 12 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My first trip to Africa was with Arthur and Trini. I went on a package for 5 or 6 animals, and wound up with 16. The trackers called me "Trigger"!

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well done...!!!!! Thanks for sharing!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice. That Vaalie is a stud, thanks for sharing.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
I cannot express the feeling of the Vaal Rhebok. Myself, PH, tracker, cameraman, etc were all doing cartwheels. I knew he was very special by the reaction of those guys. What an amazing animal. I was extremely fortunate to get one and one of that caliber. He is beautiful.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
One more question. I am putting together a picture book.

What is correct, Blesbok or Blesbuck, Rhebuck or Rhebok. Just want to be correct. I guess I am not smart enough to know the difference.

I was also told that everything is a ram/ewe or bull/cow. No bucks and does. Is that correct?

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
What a great hunt despite the clothing and gun issues! My favorite trophy of yours is the 'white' zebra, very unique in my book.

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
I was shocked on how white that zebra was as well. When I put pictures side by side they don't even look the same. Very contrasting looks. One is mostly black and the other extremely white. Way cool none the less.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Thanks for sharing a great trip. the zebra and the kudu are awesome.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
All your trophies are very nice,but I will also say that Vaalie is a stud!

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! tu2