ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    How come I don't see any brothers hunting?

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How come I don't see any brothers hunting?
 Login/Join

posted
Don't really know where to put this, so dropping this in the African board
I been looking through all these African safari websites, and I don't see any pictures of brothers hunting. Whats the deal? Only white people hunt or what, I mean its Africa for christ sakes, someone from their own country must hunt too, right? I guess most of those sites advertisments are directed towards western tourist, who are willing to pay the big bucks to hunt.

Discuss

One of Us
Picture of vapodog
posted Hide Post
The playing of the race card in today's society has caused many hard feelings .......and among those that stay silent....I'm not one of them.....

I don't know about the rest of the world but in my world hunting and fishing is a colorblind world.....If it's your goal to add color to these loves of my life.....Well... complete the sentence on your own!!

Posts: 28849 | Location: western Nebraska | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Quote:

John, I don't know if your reply was tongue in cheek, but if not, the term "brother" is also a slang term for blacks, as well as a male sibling. I thing the original post was asking about the former.

Mike

You know me. I thought the question was silly and answered it in kind, purposely misunderstanding the "jungle bunny language".

Who cares what colour the person is. The main reason is probably money and wealth and the second reason is cultural differences.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

mynameis,
Trust me "brothers" do hunt. I am an african but am not white, Go figure.
Not all africans are white or black, We are just africans and yes we do hunt. I think its access to the internet that curtails us from hearing of their hunting.

Posts: 228 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 25 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted Hide Post
I've hunted with my maternal brother all our hunting lives and we've recently ( a few years) included a black friend we call our brother from another mother. He is not very experienced and we are teaching him what we know. I've asked him directly why he did not hunt much before knowing us and he out right said he didn't feel comfortable being in the woods alone and that he was advised by his parents that a black man has no reason being in the woods when white people with guns are about. Obviously this is a stereotype furthered by his parents fear, real or not, from their own experiences. We are still looking forward to his first kill and seeing his bloodied face.

Posts: 3931 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Balla Balla
posted Hide Post
I take it by brothers you mean black people then !!!

Well of cource black people hunt, but definately not is the same number as white people. Karl Malone one of the top brothers as you would call him hunts ...

Karl Malone Hunter

Regards, Peter

Posts: 3331 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Hobie
posted Hide Post
If anyone would go hunting (er, freezing, soaking, etc.) with me with the sort of luck I sometimes have that person's a buddy for sure!

I've got a black friend who hunts but he works so much we can never get together anymore! Great guy with whom I served over 15 years in the service.

Posts: 2324 | Location: Staunton, VA | Registered: 05 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I know of several black men that hunt but have not seen any women. A couple guys I have talked to out east have taken some excellent whitetail bucks.

Posts: 19172 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I am aware of few black people hunting South Africa, and I think it is probably due to cultural differences, with most local hunters being white boers, and hunting generally being passed down from father to son etc...

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh, but they do hunt. Many hunt in there traditional areas with guns or spears. A Herero freind of mine has told me a bunch of great hunting stories including having dogs that would circle a kudu or something and they would hide in ambush for it to come by and kill or try to kill it with a spear.

Posts: 71 | Location: Kansas and Namibia | Registered: 07 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of shakari
posted Hide Post
I've had clients of most races, colours and creeds over the years with the most noticeable exception of Chinese and Japanese, although I guess that some of them hunt, I've just never hunted with any...... one of the trackers who regularly works for me is a very keen hunter and although can't afford his own rifle loves nothing more than borrowing one of mine and going to get something for the meat rations.

Chief Managasutho Buthelesi and even Nelson Mandela have also hunted from time time, although I get the impression the in the case of Madiba/Mandela it was more a case of giving it a try rather than a lifetime ambition.

posted Hide Post
lol this thread is still going strong!