New
Find
Notify
Tools

Africa 2011
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Well just got home. Left the 15th of November and returned state side the 13th of Decemebr but went right to work in Austin to open our new store so just got home.
Just briefly went the first 2 weeks or so with Karl Stumpfe: Shot a USE PERMIT elephant, 24" Roan, a Caprivi Zebra, Kudu and Hippo.
Went to South Africa hunter with Werner Lewis in the Lompopo. I harvested a Bushbuck, Nyala, a few Impala, Lioness and Old Old Eland.
Just tired will give more details and pictures.
All I can say great 30 days of hunting. May be heading Back in Feb.
[IMG:left] [/IMG]
Caprivi Zebra Stripped like a mountain but is considered a Burchells.
24" Caprivi Roan
Jumbo in The Caprivi with Karl
Karl Whats in That Pipe????
To add more pictures

Larry

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds great! We want pics;-)

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2072 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
welcome home pimp daddy.

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
WOW!!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry

Tell us all about it! And pics would be great.

O

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of OldHandgunHunter
posted Hide Post
Congratulations -- sounds like a great hunt!

When you get bored with life, start hunting dangerous game with a handgun.

Posts: 495 | Location: Florida | Registered: 17 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
Yes Larry, lets see some pictures! tu2
I saw some big roan in Khaudum.
Glad you left the big tuskers for my return!!!

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
All I can say great 30 days of hunting. May be heading Back in Feb.
Larry

Ah yes, exiled to Africa for 30 days and you may be headed back in February for further exile.

It is a tough life but someone has to do it, LOL

Congratulations, sounds as though you made the most of your painful exile. Where do I sign up for such punishment?

"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else."

Posts: 105 | Location: Looking for the Southern Cross | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Added a few pictures above
Larry
Will add more

Posts: 1571 | Location: New Mexico Texas Border | Registered: 29 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Vanderhoef
posted Hide Post
Wow! Congrats on 30 days spent in Africa!!
I'm terribly jealous!

BTW, what was Karl's answer? Cool

Regards,
Scott

"....but to protest against all hunting of game is a sign of softness of head, not of soundness of heart."
Theodore Roosevelt

Posts: 466 | Location: Just west of Cleo, TX | Registered: 20 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
These are a few animals I harvested in The South Africa in the Limpopo and the Free State.
Lompopo Bushbok
Nyala
A 5 to 6 year old Mature Lioness
She tried to attack but was stopped with a frontal chest shot with a 416 Rem.

The picture does not do this Eland justices.
The owner of the ranch has been seeing this Eland for 12 years and it had a broken horn then. He has a huge black Tuff on his nose. His Due Lap hung down at least a meter. Just a massives animal. I will do a full shoulder mount leaving the broken horn. What a trophy the lead bull out of a heard of well over 200 eland most people never see a group nthat big. I took 3 days to put stalk after stalk.
I have to go thru some other pictures I have some of the hippo and others.
Stay tuned.
Larry

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely LOVE the one-horned eland. Thanks for posting

BTW, just out of curiousity, what is the drop at comb of the bolt gun (the .416, presumably) shown in the photo? Probably just lens angle, but it sure looks like a whole bunch.

Good hunting.

Posts: 490 | Location: middle tennessee | Registered: 11 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Really not sure
Since my double was not ready to take I took some extra guns I had, I traded a few guns in Namiba to a gun dealer,416Rem win model 70 and a CZ 550 in 375HH
Then Borrowed a cz 550 7x57 on the bushbok and the one in the picture is a mauser 98 30-06 on the eland and lion.
Larry

One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
Great hunt,love that Eland.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Larry boy are you lucky, you used your ammo Biebs told me he was going to give you squib loads.

Great shooting,

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
WOW!!! Great trip. The eland and bushbuck are my favorites.

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
beer

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Special 30 days across indeed! That bushbuck is awesome and the zebra is striking. I'm getting anxious for June 2012 when Robin and I will spend the month in SA and Zim. Going to twist a cap off another MGD and read more of these reports. I love it!!!

JOHN

Posts: 87 | Location: Texas | Registered: 22 March 2006Reply With Quote