New
Find
Notify
Tools

SAFARI FOR WIFE AND I
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Is there such a thing as a sight seeing Safari with maybe a couple of smaller type animals thrown in? Wife and I are in our 60's and both of us have leg/hip problems so walking any distance ain't gonna make it. What's the possibility? Phil

Posts: 215 | Location: NYS | Registered: 23 August 2003Reply With Quote
<Rusty>
posted
Phil,
Try these folks. Claude and Jill are super folks, very near Kruger. They can set up your visit any way you want it.
Mafigeni Safaris

Hope this helps

Rusty
We band of brothers!

posted Hide Post
Your best bet is to arrange a photo safari with an outfit that also runs hunts. That way you can pop a couple of impala or warthogs without blowing big money.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Rusty and George, nice of you to take the time to write. I sent an e-mail to the Mafigeni folks asking what is possible, hope they answer my questions. Phil

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Phil,

I did what you are asking with HuntersAfrica...
Time in Africa was to short...

Mike

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Phil,

How limited are you physically? The reason I ask is that the hunting in RSA is not that difficult and shooting from the hunting car is an option. If you are upfront with the outfitter about your limitations, they can structure the hunt to fit your needs. You may be able to hunt more than you think.

There are numerous quality outfitters in RSA. Some of the best known are:

Coenraad Vermaak

Garry Kelly

Madubula

Also, depending on your budget, you might consider hunting in RSA and then going to Botswana for the photo safari.

If you want to stay in RSA, then Cape Town and the wine country are a must see. You could do this at the beginning or the end of your trip.

Regards,

Terry

[ 10-02-2003, 06:34: Message edited by: T.Carr ]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Give Wendell Reich a call, I have not booked through him but know several who have and he may have what you are looking for at the Gras Ranch in Namibia.

Good Luck and Good Hunting.

Brandon

Posts: 176 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 17 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted at Gras last year and had a wonderful time. Namibia is a beautiful country, and from what I heard while there a visit to Etosha Pan park is not to be missed. Of course, I didn't go, as my hunt time was pretty tight.

I intend to return though, with wife and children in tow. This time I will schedule that visit to Etosha Pan, and then return to Gras. I have heard it has all the beauty of Kruger without the crowds.

Posts: 691 | Location: UTC+8 | Registered: 21 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
THANKS FOR THE GREAT INPUT. I HAVE VISITED ALL THE SITES AND SAVED THEM FOR THE FUTURE. THANKS AGAIN, PHIL GUARINO