Login/Join

one of us
posted
 -

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
Tradewinds,

Details, we need details. When, with whom, where, what gun, etc.

Come on man, details. [Wink]

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was sent to me a PH named Paddy Curtis "Blood". It was the largest taken last year. The picture was used as bait for us clients to go Buffalo Hunting [Smile] I do not have any details, just thought you guys would like to see the picture. I do hope I get lucky enough to take one close to that size.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Florida | Registered: 14 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Like you really needed any bait! Its like a virus you have to go back now. And its all Paddy's fault. That is a very good Buffalo. And the Fellows shit eating grin proves it.

Posts: 1070 | Location: East Haddam, CT | Registered: 16 July 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
In case anyboby doesn't already know Paddy Curtis works for Luke Samarus. He is not one of the people in the picture. Man! That is a dream buffalo that has everything. Width, drop, curls and a hard boss.

Posts: 12866 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now that is a bull, the bosses are hard and big, unlike many that you see these days where some guy is boasting about his huge buff and its a 2 year old with huge spread and horns but the bosses are still soft and it should not have been shot..One of my real gripes I have about some PH's...It is an insult to a great beast to kill him before his time....

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
<DBKING>
posted
Now that is what I call a lot of 'Bull'. What a trophy!!!! [Big Grin]

one of us
posted Hide Post
What a monster!!! I am reaching for my wallet now. Sign me up!!!

Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Slingster
posted Hide Post
That bull's got it all, not just by the tape but aesthetically as well. WOW!

Posts: 1079 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area | Registered: 26 May 2002Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
That's the most beautiful looking bull I've seen in a long, long time. It reminds me of some of the photos in some of my old hunting books-stuff that made the old EAPHA what it was. [Cool]

one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
I book for Luke Samaras and have hunted in his camps. Last year, I shared camp with Paddy in Masailand (he was hunting one of my clients on a 21 day). He's a great guy and an even better PH. One thing I noticed hunting with Luke's guys is the discipline they have in shooting only older Buffalo. I could have shot several Buffalo between 42-45", but they were all younger bulls with soft bosses. I was discouraged from shooting them, and I feel good about the mature 40" bull I eventually shot. You have to let the young ones live long enough to become monsters.

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of N'gagi
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg R:
You have to let the young ones live long enough to become monsters.

AND contribute heartily to the gene pool! otheriwse, his smaller bretheren will be the only ones left to take care of that job, and you know where that leads. [Frown]

Good show.

Posts: 1123 | Location: California | Registered: 03 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I took my wife with me to Zimbabwe a few years ago and she did not want to leave! I got a very nice Buffalo, Kudu, Bushbuck, Waterbuck,Zebra,Impala,and we had a super trip. I quit hunting in the US after my first African hunt. There is a lot of things to see in Africa and I felt a lot safer walking around Cape Town and Harare than I would in a lot of cities in the US.Everyone should try it at least once! But I will guarantee you that you will never get enough.

Posts: 90 | Location: California | Registered: 23 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
About every year we get a few bulls in the 46 to 50 inch range and on a very rare ocassion we shoot one over 50"'s....

Last year a client shot a bull that surely would have gone considerlby over 50"'s, huge bosses, client shot him in the lower brisket at 30 yards...Followed him for 3 days and lost him...He was shot very shallow...I will hopefully be looking for him this year. It was the largest bull by far my PH had ever seen in his lenthly career.

Posts: 41833 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote