New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cameroon 2022 - A Photo Report
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing, enjoyed them thoroughly.

Posts: 1468 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MD375:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Great safari! The terrain looks exactly like were I hunted north east of Ngoundere. The city itself was very different with a mosque across the street from a Catholic Church. The taxis were motorbikes driven by guys dressed for an Artic winter. Well done.

Ngaoundere was full of mosques and churches, people there were much friendlier and hospitable compared to Douala. Is there a link to your report? I would love to read it.

I did a hunt report but I have no link to it. It was a unique experience, though. But my hunt was a bit different. No PH, no Land Cruiser. Completely portered foot safari with trackers that spoke minimal English, porters that spoke none. And I don’t speak French. I consider it the height of the safari experience, though.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13139 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Fantastic!

Thank you for sharing with us.

Personally, I don't see the point of ruining photos by having them in black and white.

So much detail is lost.

Ever heard of Ansel Adams ?

Posts: 699 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MD375:
My sincerest thanks to one and all for the kind comments. I truly appreciate it. Words cannot really describe the adventure that awaits the visiting hunter. I really hope the pictures did some justice!

Cameroon is a strange place, Douala ranks up there as one of the worst cities I have ever been to. The people are rude and unfriendly. Navigating through the airport, everyone has their hand out for a bribe. However, once you enter the bush, you are rewarded with one of the most pristine game rich environments I have ever seen. The hunting was truly spectacular.

I have hunted a few times with Frank and Xavier they are great hunters and hosts.

Posts: 174 | Location: Cumbria | Registered: 30 July 2008Reply With Quote