New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mokore Safaris Moz and Zim
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! It's hunt reports like this one that attracted me to this site!

John

Posts: 1028 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 01 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Mark,
In a nutshell, how many days did he hunt in each place?

Great report and congrats on a super buff...

We spent 6 hunting days in Coutada Nine, 1 transfer day, and 9 days in Mokore.

One of Us
Picture of michael458
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike70560:
Michael458, good to see you up here and so well behaved Big Grin

I have some good bullet info. The fired 375 North Fork softs look like they came from a magazine ad. The 470 cup points were mangled pretty good in my big buffalo. They did cause a lot of damage. I will post more in the Big Bore forum.

Mike

I am only here because of you my friend!

Will be looking much forward to the bullet report!

Michael

http://www.b-mriflesandcartridges.com/default.html

The New Word is "Non-Conventional", add "Conventional" to the Endangered Species List!
Live Outside The Box of "Conventional Wisdom"

I do Not Own Any Part of Any Bullet Company, I am not in the Employ Of Any Bullet Company. I do not represent, own stock, nor do I receive any proceeds, or monies from ANY BULLET COMPANY. I am not in the bullet business, and have no Bullets to sell to you, nor anyone else.

Posts: 8426 | Location: South Carolina | Registered: 23 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic trophies, report and photos. Glad to see another lady had some trigger time with her husband. Way to go!!!!

Best regards, D. Nelson

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing your wonderful trip.

Posts: 1978 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: 22 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Great Report!!!!! beer

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice buff Mike,congratulations!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
What an amazing adventure you and your wife had! Those are some spectacular trophies, and the DBH of that big baobab has to be close to 100 feet.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16412 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
Congrats Mike. My wife and I hunted just after you with Mokore in Moz. Had a fantastic hunt. Working on sorting through over 2000 photos now. Thought you may want to see these two of Gary Duckworth and your amazing buff.

I have many photos of the camp and surrounding areas as well that you may want copies of. Anyway, I hope to have a full report up within a week or so. Cheers! beer

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY
http://www.safariarts.net/

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
Grafton,

Thanks for posting. Coutada Nine is an incredible area. I am thinking about going back for nyala and other plainsgame then head to the coast for some offshore fishing. That would be a great safari.

Looking forward to reading your report.

I also sent you a PM.

Thanks again.

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
Very nice report; thanks for taking the time to compile it. Great safari and terrific trophies and memories!

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report. Thanks for posting.

Many hunter from the area in whick I live have hunted with Mokore. Mr. Barrie and Neil are great guys. I would truly love to hunt Moz with Neil.

Perhaps one day.

Hartley

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a great hunt and a fantastic report. You deserve it!

Bill

Posts: 1088 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, USA | Registered: 19 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MikeBurke
posted Hide Post
With all of the talk of posting or not posting hunts I thought it would be a good time to post this video. It is a clip from a buffalo hunt in Zimbabwe.

It starts out with my .375 in the sticks for what seemed like forever waiting for Neil to tell me to shoot. I swapped rifles and we went on the follow up. At the end we thought the buffalo ran off in the reeds. We were making a plan on how to find him when I saw his feet sideways on the riverbank. Like Neil said after we walked up to the buffalo "Good stuff, heh"

One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike. Nice video.

By the way, I just noticed this, check out Safari Trackers website in the Mozambique gallery. We are all famous Big Grin

Cheers.

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY

Posts: 1378 | Location: Virginia, USA | Registered: 05 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Grafton,

Was there any doubt in your mind that you were famous?

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12873 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grafton
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was there any doubt in your mind that you were famous?

No. I will let you know when the autographed 8x10's are available for purchase. rotflmo

SAFARI ARTS TAXIDERMY