Tools

Murphy's Law
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
your a better man than myself!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mate, no matter what your other discomforts may have been, there are no thorns on mopane trees, ever. No matter what KLM did.

One of Us
Picture of Guillermo Amestoy
posted Hide Post
Sorry, to hear that everithing goes wrong in your first safari, but try to recover all that you experimented in this trip to avoid in the next and dont give up, gave yourself another oportunity.
Regarding "high fenced lands" almost all Namibia and S.A properties small or big are sorrouded by those high wire lines to avoid the Kudus and eland scapes from their properties because they are very expensives and significate a lot $$$$ for the ranch owner,yes....canned trophys!!!I came back from Namibia without my Eland, because they bring to me to a "breeeders farm", maybe thinking that maybe i will shot a cow inside a corral,(But i never shot and we make 500 km to the kalahari desert farm for nothing, I come back very dissapointed and with tears in my sould, but for other side.. happy because i didnot shot.
We must very carefull at the time to choose the place.This place...ARF is a great friends club and good place to ask advices and recomendation, an of course screw up those "money taker". Big Hug.Guille.

"Every ignored reallity prepares its revenge!"

Posts: 883 | Location: Provincia de Cordoba - Republica Argentina -Southamerica | Registered: 09 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Myself and two of my friends have had problems with Gracy Travel. We all switched to International Journeys with Barb and couldn't be happier. On top of that Barb was usually $100 cheaper than Gracy Travel. And no I don't get a commission, I just like to promote good business.

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1430 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed this and I think more hunters should report their woes, especially on sites like this.

The European mounts look stunning and beautifully presented.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9883 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
I think this thread should be pinned for all new Africa hunters to read.

None of this is meant to be a criticism of the hunter, or the PH for that matter. It appears this hunt report was the result a a "perfect storm" of events, although some or all could have been avoided....

As stated in other posters' threads, issue arose with

-Not using a booking agent

-flying through Amsterdam

-realization the most recommended travel agents still screw up

-planning on losing one's checked baggage and planning accordingly

-unfamiliarity with the area chosen to hunt- is it fenced or wild Africa?

-availability of desired species and likelihood of bagging them on planned hunt schedule

-realistic expectations for the daily rate paid

-choosing adequate time in country for the desired hunt

-choosing the right PH for you- even if he is "recommended" by others

-the pitfalls of traveling with the whole family

Did I miss anything?

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote