ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    A great hunt with Steve Robinson/Kuduland Safaris

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A great hunt with Steve Robinson/Kuduland Safaris
 Login/Join

posted
My buddy & I booked a South African hunt with Steve Robinson/ Kuduland Safaris last year and we had a ball. We had 10 day's hunting in Kwa-Zulu Natal and took 19 animals between us. 17 of those were SCI entries. All his hunting was on the fair chase principle, and both camp and hunting areas were great. Taxidermy is being done locally at excellent rates.

His costs were more than fair and there were no unexpected fees. His daily rate (for the most expensive hunting lodge) is $300 per hunter per day plus trophy fees for a 2 on 1 hunt. Trophy fees were as follows. (I've only given the more popular species)impala$200, blue wilderbeest $575
warthog $200, zebra $600, Nyala $1200, common reedbuck $475 kudu $875.

We have re-booked another hunt with steve for 2003 where we will be going to Tanzania for a 2 on 1 buffalo hunt in October.

If you want to contact him, his email address is shakari@mweb.co.za

Posts: 2 | Location: S. Africa & London | Registered: 31 January 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
hey John,
do u have some pic�s to show Winkus
???
Do u know if Steve do have a hunting web side?

cheers
Konstantin

Posts: 334 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Hi Konstantine

I've got loads of great photo's, Steve even sent me a real nice album full of 8x12 prints that he took during the hunt. However, I don't have a scanner that works at the moment......... sorry. The best trophy for me was a 17 5/8 bushbuck. He has a site at www.kuduland.com but he tells me it need a bit of updating. If you prefer you can e-mail him at shakari@mweb.co.za My buddy and I have booked a 2 on 1 buff hunt with him for later this year and we are both real keen to get there. His price is $8750 each and that includes all the govt fees and import for 1 rifle per hunter. It even includes getting our trophies to Dar es Salaam. The only things that are not included are extra trophy fees other than the first buff each, booze, tips and charters. The charters are costing $1600 for the lot and assuming he can tie us in with the incoming & outgoing clients that comes down to $800 (split between the 2 hunters)for both charters.

John

Posts: 2 | Location: S. Africa & London | Registered: 31 January 2003Reply With Quote