New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone hear from MJines?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Just wondering if anyone has heard from Mike on his hunt with Buzz? I'm hoping he saves a nice 80 pounder for me!

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Fast shooting and quicker reloading that 500 double.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PSmith
posted Hide Post
I think Mike gets back around the 20th. Can't wait to see how many eles he put on the ground.

Paul Smith
SCI Life Member
NRA Life Member
DSC Member
Life Member of the "I Can't Wait to Get Back to Africa" Club
DRSS
I had the privilege to fire E. Hemingway's WR .577NE, E. Keith's WR .470NE, & F. Jamieson's WJJ .500 Jeffery
I strongly recommend avoidance of "The Zambezi Safari & Travel Co., Ltd." and "Pisces Sportfishing-Cabo San Lucas"

"A failed policy of national defense is its own punishment" Otto von Bismarck

Posts: 2545 | Location: The 'Ham | Registered: 25 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just had an update from Myles; he shot his two cow eles and bull buff by day five and has now gone to Dande East to try for an ele bull.

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some guys have all the luck. Want to see some pictures!

Dutch

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Will try and get a post up soon. As Rob noted, we shot two tuskless, a buffalo and a kudu in the Dande Safari Area then headed down to Dande East to chase sable, lion and maybe a stray ele bull. While we chased and saw sable, lion and a couple of ele bulls, in the East we ended up shooting a hippo and a hyena. Was able to take everything other than the kudu and the hyena with the .500 double. Tracking lion for three days and catching them only to face mock lioness charges had to be a highlight. My left leg still has a twitch after that experience. Had a great trip as always.

Mike

Posts: 21234 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Glad to hear you had another great trip -- looking forward to pics and details.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
I'm eagerly awaiting Mike's report.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Will try and get a post up soon. As Rob noted, we shot two tuskless, a buffalo and a kudu in the Dande Safari Area then headed down to Dande East to chase sable, lion and maybe a stray ele bull. While we chased and saw sable, lion and a couple of ele bulls, in the East we ended up shooting a hippo and a hyena. Was able to take everything other than the kudu and the hyena with the .500 double. Tracking lion for three days and catching them only to face mock lioness charges had to be a highlight. My left leg still has a twitch after that experience. Had a great trip as always.
A hippo with an open-sighted double is an exceptional trophy in my book.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
There are good pics available on the WWW . . . if you think for a minute about where those might be, you can find them very easily.

Congrats Mike and welcome home.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Welcome home Mike.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thought about Will's tip and found them first try.

Congrats Mike, looks like a great hunt. Looking forward to the report.

BUTCH

C'est Tout Bon
(It is all good)

Posts: 1926 | Location: Lafayette, LA | Registered: 05 October 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike,how about a nice report?

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Started working on that last night. Been catching up at work and at home. Hope to get something posted over the weekend with some nice pictures.

Mike

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Mike who????

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
That's what I tell the banks too when they call inquiring about payments that are overdue.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
and some videos too!!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Mike;

Congratulations for your successful safari, however, I'm barely hanging for a hunt report and photos. Please provide a fix soon!

Best regards, D. Nelson