New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need help from you guys.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
In ten and 1/2 months my tour in Iraq will be done. I am going to plan, reserve, a hunt for June or July of 2007 with my son. We want a tent camp rather than a lodge and in Namibia. Would any of you who know of an outfit that provides the above? Please post or send me a PM. I do not get on the net very frequently so please be patient as i will reply when I can. Thanks very much,

SFC E7

Posts: 148 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I might have a guy for you. He runs nice tent camps and they are remote. If you have a mailing address I will be happy to send you some info and pics.

~Ann

Posts: 19548 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Take a look at http://www.fultonclassicsafaris.com

Hunted with Vaughan twice and will be going back again.

"There always seems to be a big market for making the clear, complex."

Posts: 1372 | Location: USA | Registered: 18 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
SFC E7

Just this morning I sent Chrisie de Sousa the final payment for a hunt with him this June. He has a tent camp as well as farm accomodations on one of the big consevancies in the north. We have been talking about doing a back pack hunt if Namibia's concession issues ever get sorted out. Chrisite isn't mentioned often on this board, though at least one regular hunts with him every year. I (obviously) think his operation is worth a look.

http://www.christiesadv.com.na

All the best,
Dean

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, Duke of York

Posts: 876 | Location: Halkirk Ab | Registered: 11 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
I will second McCray's recommendation of Vaughan Fulton's Classic Safaris.

Vaughan has somewhere around a million acres of wild, unfenced, communal conservancy land to the west of Etosha that he hunts for all of the indigenous Namibian game.

I have hunted with Vaughan and it is the real African tented camp experience. Plus, Vaughan hunts the way it should be done, using spot and stalk methods, with the emphasis on stalking.

Best of luck to you on your tour and in booking your hunt.

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13616 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
Pictures from one of Vaughan's camps:

Lots more pictures here.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
Another vote for Vaughan Fulton. I hunted with him this past May, and he's one of the best.

I emailed you a bunch of photos to the email address shown in your profile. If that one doesn't work, just PM me with a different address, and I'll get them to you.

Thanks for serving, and God bless.

<mikeh416Rigby>
posted
All the photos I emailed you came back. I got a message that your listed email isn't available due to your being on active duty. If you PM me with a valid email address, I'll resend them.

one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
You should also consider Boet Nels Hunting Safaris. I hunted with him in 2004 and had a great hunt, sucessfully taking hartmanns mountain zebra, kudu, springbok, oryx, hartebeest, klipspringer, warthog, damara dik dik and baboon in 10 days.

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
FYI Boet Nel Safaris

Regards,

Terry

Msasi haogopi mwiba [A hunter is not afraid of thorns]

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My thanks to all of you for your replies. I'll spend my allotted time on the net now checking out these reccommendations. Again, I really appreciate your input. T.Carr, the info you provided is a tremendous help in planning,thank you. May God grant all of you a blessed new year.

SFC E7

Posts: 148 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: 15 February 2005Reply With Quote