Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Constantia Safaris
 Login/Join

posted
Just wondering if anyone has been on a Safari here or has any comments on it. I have a friend going there June 4. http://www.constantiasafaris.co.za

Posts: 20 | Location: Pilot Butte, Sask, Canada | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote
<Don Martin>
posted
I spent some time at Constantia in 2001 and hunted with Gerritt and his crew.

Their accomodations are good,not luxury, but good. Better than most in the Northern Cape. The food was excellent and is probably their strongest point.

The hunt area at Constantia is a little small for my tastes, but some of their leases are better.

Trophy Quality is good on a number of species, especially waterbuck, but their kudu are a dissappointment. It's not their fault, the whole region is a bit too dry to produce really big kudu, IMHO.

Gerritt is a good PH and enjoyable during and after the hunt.

The only negative of their whole operation is that they shoot from the vehicle almost exclusively. I had a serious problem with this, however some of my companions didn't mind.

My recommendation is to have your friend ask Gerritt about hunting Hennie Booyson's place outside Postmasberg. It was the best lease we hunted while in the Northern Cape and we took two waterbuck, an eland, a kudu, a blue wildebeest, and a steenbok while we were there.

Don Martin
www.EndlessSafari.com

one of us
Picture of gas57
posted Hide Post
I hunted with them in Sept, 2001. I had a great time. Alexander Steyn was my PH and was the very best! We collected plains game and spent a few days bird hunting. The kudu were not giants, mine was average.The food was fantastic. Fresh BBQ and a cold drink at the end of the day. I am saving up to return.
Jeff

Posts: 903 | Location: Texas | Registered: 14 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I passed their bakkie on the road one afternoon a few weeks ago in a blinding rain storm.

All the clients huddled in the cab, and two trackers on the back getting a bath.

Bakkie looked in good shape, and the rain was quite unexpected.

Posts: 3991 | Location: Hudsonville MI USA | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
My friend just returned from his hunt in South Africa at Constantia Safaris. He took several animales that it made it into the record book. Once I get me act togther I will post his website address. He highly recomends this place to fellow hunters [Big Grin]

Posts: 20 | Location: Pilot Butte, Sask, Canada | Registered: 19 May 2003Reply With Quote