ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Back On Track-20 Days Of Ele Bull Hunting
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back On Track-20 Days Of Ele Bull Hunting
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Lee Baumgart
posted Hide Post
George,

Congratulations on your elephant and thank you for emailing a photo of the knife and elephant tail. I am glad you had a wonderful adventure and took one of my knives along!

Lee

Posts: 570 | Location: Vancouver, WA | Registered: 28 June 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
George - congrats on a fine hunt and a finer ele!!! Everyone at CMS is very happy for you - thoroughly deserved !!

Posts: 1128 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 22 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thierry Labat
posted Hide Post
Well done George! Well deserved. Brotsky well done to you too bud. You and George make an awesome hunting couple/pair

Posts: 644 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 10 August 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ManuelM
posted Hide Post
Very well done, you deserve that bull after that hard hunting, it was a perfectly executed first shot too, congrats to you, Rich and the whole team and thanks for sharing.

Manuel Maldonado
MM Sonoran Desert Hunters
https://www.facebook.com/huntingMM

Posts: 530 | Location: Hermosillo, Sonora | Registered: 06 May 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
George: Could you post a pic of your ele tail and Lee's knife for us to see?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone.I just got a new computer today-the hard drive went.I think I have some video of the tail cutting.The knife cut the tail like butter.All those cuts on my legs have puffed up and I was drained of energy the last couple of days.I am starting to feel better now.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of MacD37
posted Hide Post
Good shooting George!
.............................................................. beer Congratulations Sir!
.................................................................. old

....Mac >>>===(x)===> MacD37, ...and DUGABOY1
DRSS Charter member
"If I die today, I've had a life well spent, for I've been to see the Elephant, and smelled the smoke of Africa!"~ME 1982

Hands of Old Elmer Keith

Posts: 14634 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: 08 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good shooting George. Looks like you brained it with the first shot.

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Well done. Perfect shooting. Nice video. Wonderful memories!

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Torbjørn
posted Hide Post
Congrats George Smiler Nice elebull.

Posts: 315 | Location: Norway | Registered: 17 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
Congrats George! Very nice report

Posts: 292 | Location: Northernmost Sweden | Registered: 17 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
George: Thanks for sharing the tail cutting video! tu2 It sure did cut like butter! tu2 Congratulations Lee Baumgart on another great knife! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Kingsview Safaris
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. that was a great report!

Listen to our Podcast - Round The Fire With Kingsview Safaris

info@kingsviewsafaris.co.za
www.kingsviewsafaris.co.za
HC50/2015EC

Posts: 67 | Location: Eastern Cape, South Africa | Registered: 29 June 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Guy Whittall
posted Hide Post
George very nice to have met you at Tete and thank you very much for sharing your experience.Tete records the hottest temperatures in southern africa. Congratulations on your elephant experience the old way.

To CM,Ray,Rich and his team makorokoto on getting George back for a special adventure.

Posts: 196 | Location: Zimbabwe and Mozambique | Registered: 04 January 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It was a pleasure meeting you too,Guy.It sure was hot in Tete.I wish you all the best.

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Congratulations and thank you for sharing your hunt. Wonderful photos and videos.

Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Hunt and Report.

Tim

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Really good report and that Richard Tabor fellow knows his stuff. He has been responsible for some very impressive trophies this year.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9875 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations George. Very nice bull and a great hunt.

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Great hunt
Congratulations George

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
George,

Well done on the ele and nice report plus pix. Unfortunate you could not spend more time on Coutada 9. It really is an amazing destination for spiral horns etc.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12876 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by reddy375:
Congratulations, shooting an elephant is like no other animal IMO.

A true adventure. Congrats George.

one of us
posted Hide Post
This hunt was more than I could ask for.It threw some logs on the fire as in refuelling my hunting,shooting and wild interests.A huge wild area to ourselves in which bulls carrying good ivory could be found.Bulls feeding from baobab to baobab covering long distances and then coming out of the forests for a drink in the rivers.There was another fellow who was a great help to us on our hunt.He had hunted the area and offered some advice.The only bugger on this trip was that after the third or fourth day one of the cuts or deep scratches on my legs started to get infected and at the time I knew nothing.I felt my energy level decrease towards the end of the hunt and once home fever set in and I had to see a doctor.Luckily the antibiotics helped and the swelling has gone away and I am know almost 100 percent.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a great hunt. Well done!

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Well done George!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Classic hunting.

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9875 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
congrats George.

always pay to not give up.

Posts: 1742 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Well done and well told.

Bravo!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13399 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your bull. Your legs looked like min on a tuskless hunt in Rifa with Pro Safaris. The sweat sure lets you know they are there.

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Nice bull. Thanks for the report

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great story and congratulations on the bull.

Hunting ellie in the old style has to be the best adventure available in the world today.

I couldn't see the vid, but I noticed the ellie's trunk is not displayed. Was part of it missing from a poacher's snare?

BH63

Hunting buff is better than sex!

Posts: 2205 | Registered: 29 December 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The trunk was turned in for the picture.It was extended straight forward with blood emerging beforehand.It was a great area for me to hunt.It reminded me of the stories in old hunting books except there were no doubt more ele and bush around then.

one of us
Picture of Muletrain
posted Hide Post
Well done George. Congratulations on the very nice trophy.

Elephant Hunter,
Double Rifle Shooter Society,
NRA Lifetime Member,
Ten Safaris, in RSA, Namibia, Zimbabwe

Posts: 955 | Location: Houston, Texas, USA | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It must have been as Ahab felt after the first time he lost Moby. Congratulations on an amazing hunt and Ele Redemption!

Thank you very much for sharing!

Posts: 11 | Location: St Augustine, FL | Registered: 03 January 2009Reply With Quote