ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Back from Namibia's Torra Consession, 21 day lioness hunt

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Back from Namibia's Torra Consession, 21 day lioness hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted
It's good to be back home with family and friends, but this heat and humidity sucks.
I left DFW May 26 bound for Namibia's million acre Torra Consession. I was hunting with PH and owner of Savannah Safaris Namibia, Henk Fourie. He has been a great friend for the last 3 years. Once I was back "in country" I felt right at home. The hunt was extra difficult due to record rainfall for this year. The grass up at Torra is waist deep or more in most places, making spotting game difficult. We saw several lions and lioness during my hunt. Most sightings were short or at longer distances than I am willing to shoot. After putting up several baits and setting in a blind for more hours than I can remember, I ended up shooting her on day 17 after a short stalk. We were making a drag and had turned around to go back where we started and found 2 males and 5 females following the drag we had made 20 minutes before. I exited the truck followed and them for a short distance as they gracefully departed our presence. They all seemed to melt into the surrounding bush. I was lucky enough to see her tail waiving in the air from behind a milk bush. She decided to head for the hills and I was presented with a 60 yard quartering away shot. 1 shot, through the heart. Yes I practice alot here at the store, but it was more luck than skill. Kind of an anti-climatic ending to a mentally draining long hunt. No charges, no attacks, no hair-raising story, just a real nice lion with a real good friend as PH and memories that I hope I will keep a long time

The local beer store.

Nice and fresh.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1241 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
just a real nice lion with a real good friend as PH and memories that I hope I will keep a long time

Hard to top that!

Congratulations!

Posts: 541 | Location: Mostly USA | Registered: 25 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Did he take over from Brian Connock who owned Savannah Safaris. I hunted with Brian in 2005 and we hunted a few days in the Damara lands concessions which Brian had exclusive hunting rights.

Posts: 886 | Location: Central North Carolina | Registered: 04 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ongwe:
quote:
just a real nice lion with a real good friend as PH and memories that I hope I will keep a long time

Hard to top that!

Congratulations!

tu2

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Ed
Henk bought Savannah Safaris from Brian a few years ago. It seems Brian wanted to retire and improve his golf game.

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1241 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tim Herald
posted Hide Post
very nice...looks like a very nice lioness!

Good Hunting,

Tim Herald
Worldwide Trophy Adventures
tim@trophyadventures.com

Posts: 2980 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
On one of the thousand times I drive by your shop on my way to my Dad's ranch in Jacksboro...eventually I am gonna stop and say hi.

Maybe you'll have your lioness there when I do. Well done!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36621 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your lion.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Nice cat!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7531 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
quote:
No charges, no attacks, no hair-raising story, just a real nice lion with a real good friend as PH and memories that I hope I will keep a long time

That's what it's all about.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now! That's what I'm talkin about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Karl S
posted Hide Post
Congrats Brian! I will be hunting there in less than 6 weeks with a client for one of those big males you guys saw...

Karl Stumpfe
Ndumo Hunting Safaris www.huntingsafaris.net
karl@huntingsafaris.net
P.O. Box 1667, Katima Mulilo, Namibia
Cell: +264 81 1285 416
Fax: +264 61 254 328
Sat. phone: +88 163 166 9264

Posts: 1333 | Location: Namibia, Caprivi | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a beautiful lioness! Any other animals taken?

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
nice kitty

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Well done! tu2