ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    A Tembo Hunt With Miombo Safaris ~ Mounted Trophy pics added
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A Tembo Hunt With Miombo Safaris ~ Mounted Trophy pics added
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wonderful bull, Ahmed. Congrats.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
excellent photography! GREAT HUNT!

Posts: 405 | Location: Dallas, Pennsylvania | Registered: 16 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
Great pictures and report! Congratulations on your elephant!

Pete

Posts: 809 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thoroughly enjoyed your tale and photos. Having had the enjoyment of tracking bulls for 15 miles and 7 hours only to have them cross back into Gono Re Zhou leaving minutes old sigm of leaves dripping with saliva in their wake,I would also enjoy hunting what appears to be an established resident population of bulls. Are boundaries a problem in Miombo's area? Congratulations Jim

Posts: 136 | Location: Great Falls,MT | Registered: 28 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ivan carter
posted Hide Post
Ahmed ,
what a great experience and you truly have an elephant of a lifetime there ..darren is an great great guy to be around and a very good elephant hunter aswell ..

well done again ,
kind regards
imc

"The greatest threat to our wildlife is the thought that someone else will save it”

www.facebook.com/ivancartersafrica

www.ivancarterwca.org
www.ivancarter.com
ivan@ivancarter.com

Posts: 1201 | Location: South Africa  | Registered: 04 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Safari-Hunt
posted Hide Post
That elephant is what dreams are made off well done. thumb

Frederik Cocquyt
I always try to use enough gun but then sometimes a brainshot works just as good.

Posts: 2548 | Location: Pretoria, Gauteng, South Africa | Registered: 06 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the nice comments

quote:
Originally posted by dwarf416: I also won a race with the baka people in cameroon escaping from an angry Gorilla. it impresses them highly that you can run faster than them. well done

Diego, mate I guess you are the best person to understand my feelings at that time.

quote:
Originally posted by bronxfats: Are boundaries a problem in Miombo's area?

Jim, from what I have seen, what makes Lukwika a special place is that it is an enclave where the Ele bulls feel comfortable. They are not harassed and the result is that Lukwika has some of the calmest elephant that I have ever seen anywhere. A lot of it has to do with Miombo Safaris conservation efforts in the area.

There is definite ele bull movement through the area and you can find bulls anywhere and everywhere in the concession it is not like the bulls are only to be found on the park / Mozambique boarder and also they don't run straight over the border for their life. In fact the Ele bull feel secure in Lukwika as is evident from their behavior.

Ahmed Sultan

one of us
Picture of Spring
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful report, Ahmed. I enjoyed yours from last year, but your approach to hunting and patience is a lesson to us all.

Posts: 1445 | Location: Bronwood, GA | Registered: 10 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great hunt. Beautiful elephant. I see that you had Kambako safari's on your short list. I hunted with them last year. Not for elephant but did see a number of them.Elephant is on my list i do not think there are many to equal what you collected. Congrats

Posts: 71 | Location: North Pole, Alaska | Registered: 20 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That was a great read...thanks for sharing!

Posts: 103 | Location: southern wisconsin | Registered: 12 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the nice comments, here are some video clips from the hunt.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
Picture of Chris Lozano
posted Hide Post
Great video clips. Perfect brain shot!!

Posts: 753 | Location: Michigan USA | Registered: 27 September 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Sincere compliments for a hunt well done. I commend your patience and am happy to see it amply rewarded.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nice report, whit great photos and video!

D.V.M.

Posts: 179 | Location: Italy | Registered: 02 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aziz
posted Hide Post
That was outstanding Ahmed, great video! Congratulations once again.

Regards
Aziz

photo 5a71b091-8ccb-440e-8358-1ba8fe6939cb_zpsga1mmy00.jpg

Posts: 591 | Location: Illinois | Registered: 04 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Dentist
posted Hide Post
What a bull! Congratulation! Your dad must be very proud!

One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing those with us Ahmed! What a wonderful hunt and experience!

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great report and great trophies...Congratulations.

D. Nelson

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Superb trophies and an absolutely stunning elephant. Congratulations on the trophy of a lifetime! The Selous is one of those wild places I hope to visit in the future!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the great elephant,Ahmed! I applaud your decision on letting the lion go.

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Ahmed,
Thanks so much for sharing your great experience in such a profound way. The elephant is beyond words.

Jim

Posts: 383 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada | Registered: 25 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
congratulation and 3 cheers yet another feather in ur hat,what a way to explaine,my regards

ur 3 greatest hunts r, ur 1st,ur last,and ur next!!!!

Posts: 254 | Registered: 19 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
Thanks everyone for the nice comments.

quote:
Originally posted by Aziz:
That was outstanding Ahmed, great video! Congratulations once again.

The video is now edited and it has turn out to be very good. Most of the video was shot by one of the tracker named "Tototembo", he did a very good job.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ahmed- Congratulations on a great hunt and a great report. You have outstanding hunting ethics which I admire. Thank you.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2758 | Location: Northern Minnesota | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 404WJJeffery
posted Hide Post
Hi Ahmed

Thank you for letting us live your hunt with you.

Sounds like you would not take a 7mmMag as a PG rifle again?

Good to see you are comfortable with the 375 H&H on ele- and that you proved it is a capable round when placed in capable hands!

"Are you gonna pull them pistols,...or whistle Dixie??"

Josie Wales 1866

Posts: 1489 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
considering that some here on this forum don't consider the .375 and it's metric equivalents suitable for buffalo, that was an outstanding job and a well earned trophy. congratulations!!

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
isn't it a good thing that no one told your elephant that your 375 wasn't big enough to do the job. Nice shootin Tex!

Posts: 1903 | Location: Greensburg, Pa. | Registered: 09 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 404WJJeffery:

Sounds like you would not take a 7mmMag as a PG rifle again?

Yes, I have already bought 300 Win Mag for PG.

quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

considering that some here on this forum don't consider the .375 and it's metric equivalents suitable for buffalo, that was an outstanding job and a well earned trophy. congratulations!!

I only speak from my experience, which I admit is limited; after six African safaris and seven Cape Buffalos taken either as trophy or bait, I am yet to find a buffalo that can survive a well placed shot from 375. Also, I never ever had the PH back me for any of the shot that I have taken on DG, as I am confident that the 375 will do the job. Even on the elephant I requested the PH not to back me up.

On the first day of one of our earlier hunt in Luangwa valley the PH made a very valid comment on the shooting range after seeing our shots from the 375, he said that he is glad the we have brought a gun that we are comfortable shooting with. His previous client on his first hunt brought a 470 double, the guy was patrified of recoil, the result, ten days two wounded & lost animals i.e. a buff and a wildebeast.

So if I can shoot a bigger caliber like Mike Sullivan, I will take one for DG hunt but since I can't and I am very confident with my 375, I will stick to it.

The elephant that I shot was 51 yards, my PH asked me to take a heart / lung shot. But I was confident and asked my PH if I can take a side brain shot, to which the PH agreed and I put the bullet where it was suppose to be and no other shot was fired. I can say that I shot my elephant myself with a 375.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
posted Hide Post
To say that that is a great elephant is a gross understatement!!!

465H&H

Posts: 5686 | Location: Nampa, Idaho | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
quote:
...and was happy to be back in Africa
Yes, this nails it for me. That first moment when you are done with the travel and you are "there". I just look around and think, "Wow, I'm here, I did it, I made it back...".

Way to go Ahmed, that is a wonderful bull, the trophy of a lifetime. Ditto on the red duiker (I love my full mount big red from Cameroon). Sounds like a classy hunt too.

If there was ever a perfect scenario for a scoped .375 when elephant hunting, it was the opportunity that you were presented with. Good shot!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of G D F
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Ahmed! Great hunt,excellent trophy , lucky hunter and PH. I hunted with Darren, we took two excellent buff (42" and 40"),he is very friendly and hard-working man, and experienced and lucky PH.

Posts: 146 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: 03 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, great shot, fantastic elephant!

DRSS

Posts: 625 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very well done. Congratulations!!!

Posts: 33 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: 29 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ahmed:

I'm new to this forum and in the process of planning my first African hunt. I very much admire your discipline and dedication to personal hunting goals and ethics - well done. Your elephant is amazing. I appreciate your sharing this experience.

Posts: 89 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 November 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
Ahmed,
That was a dream safari! Congratulations on such outstanding trophies and having the fortitude to stick it out. I don't know that a safari could be any better than one with Miombo.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4779 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
Fantastic report on a wonderful hunt !!!
I really like the photo with you sitting on top of the mighty beast !

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Ahmed, just out of curiousity- when I hunted in Bots. with Darren in 2005, he was using a Butch Searcy 470 double. i notice he now has a bolt gun. any idea why he changed? congrats again on a superb hunt.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ahmed Sultan
posted Hide Post
Thanks every one for the nice comments.

quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Ahmed, just out of curiousity- when I hunted in Bots. with Darren in 2005, he was using a Butch Searcy 470 double. i notice he now has a bolt gun. any idea why he changed? congrats again on a superb hunt.

Darren told me that he was having trouble with his Searcy that is why the switch to CZ.

Ahmed Sultan

One of Us
Picture of G D F
posted Hide Post
Darren told me too, this is worst double.CZ is most popular rifle PH of Tanzania.

Posts: 146 | Location: Moscow,Russia | Registered: 03 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ahmed,

What a trophy and experience! Thanks for sharing your report and video...very much enjoyed seeing your success!

Congrats!

Best,

Jim

Posts: 1999 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: 23 April 2004Reply With Quote