New
Find
Notify
Tools

Zimbabwe hunt in June
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
It has been 12 years since my last safari with CMS.Planning a 2x1 buffalo hunt at the Nyakasanga camp.Buzz is apparently heavily booked for next year so has offered us a June hunt. Never hunted June- does anyone have experience with a June hunt that they would like to share?
Planning on using my Searcy 500 double.Other rifle will be my scoped 9.3x66 custom Mauser.
Hunting partner is my brother in law.He never hunted dangerous game before so it should be quite a treat for him.

Australia
I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me!

Posts: 302 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can expect warm days with blue skies and cool nights. I did a Nyakasanga hunt in June 2010 and it was very pleasant.

Posts: 398 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 12 November 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the first hand info.

Australia
I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of drought and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me!

Posts: 302 | Location: Australia | Registered: 09 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
What's up Sean! Long time no hear from.

I see you still have that See-a-Say 500! sofa

I traded my 577 you used to obliterate that stump at Pedza back in 2012. Traded for a VC 500 that I just used on my Dande buffalo hunt a couple of weeks back.

I've not hunted Nyakasanga in June but have hunted Dande in late June / early July. Weather is perfect with cool nights and warm days. It should be a great hunt.

Just be sure to remind your charter pilot to land with a little power on the aircraft! clap

One of Us
Picture of Bwana338
posted Hide Post
It probably will be jacket to start the day and then warm up.

take a mix of long and short sleeve shirts and good pants. should cover your bases.

also I always look at past weather for the area and time period I will be hunting to get a better view.

I use the following weather site to check histories. You will find hi and low temps for the days you select, plus history of rain.

http://www.wunderground.com/

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

"You've got the strongest hand in the world. That's right. Your hand. The hand that marks the ballot. The hand that pulls the voting lever. Use it, will you" John Wayne

Posts: 1578 | Location: West River at Heart | Registered: 08 April 2012Reply With Quote