Notify
Tools

8 Bore Safari
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of dla69
posted Hide Post
Wow. That looks like a dream safari.

Posts: 535 | Location: Greensburg, PA | Registered: 18 February 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Greg R
posted Hide Post
I just got home from a great hunt with Rigby last night. The guys had a lot of great things to say about John and that big 8 bore. What a great hunting area. I had so much fun that I am going back in May and again next June.

Greg Rodriguez
Global Adventure Outfitters, Inc.
www.GAOHunts.com
(281) 494-4151

Posts: 798 | Location: Sugar Land, TX 77478 | Registered: 03 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cal pappas
posted Hide Post
John:
Absolutely stunning!!
When you can, email me the story and photos and I will give you a feature spot in my next book on the bore rifles. Most of the work is done, I'm waiting on photos and specs.
Cheers,
Cal

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation
2021 South Africa
2021 South Africa (2nd hunt a month later)

Posts: 7281 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cane Rat
posted Hide Post
Very cool! Love the Manton tu2

Posts: 2767 | Location: The Peach State | Registered: 03 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
What a cracker of a hunt. Any plans to distribute the DVD?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9871 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

Thank you,I hadn’t considered it, after all it is only my “holiday snaps” we didn’t sent out to make a documentary on hunting with the 8 Bore. I think I better not commit until I have viewed it myself, it might be embarrassing to me! I told Chris not to edit out my misses!

Posts: 137 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Hipwell:
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:

Thank you,I hadn’t considered it, after all it is only my “holiday snaps” we didn’t sent out to make a documentary on hunting with the 8 Bore. I think I better not commit until I have viewed it myself, it might be embarrassing to me! I told Chris not to edit out my misses!

It would be nice to see some footage of the Manton in action. That is a brute of a gun. What is the history of it?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9871 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wish I knew the history on the Manton but I have no info at all. I purchased her last Dec (2010) in Rock Islands Dec auction. I asked Rock Island to forward my contact info to the seller and ask them to contact me but I have heard nothing from them.

The only clue is a memo from: Maynard P. Buehler, Orinda, California, dated 12-2 (no year) to Mr F P Pitt. The Point VS 50, Cambridge, Mad, 21613 where he states: Shipped the Manton today by Express COD. Then it goes on to talk about a missing brass case and the fact that he is holding another cheque for the rifle and to let him know straight away if he is not happy with it. I found this memo in the rifle case.

She looks like she has seen a lot of use, the stock is badly worn in the grip area and there are large dings alone the comb. Bores and chambers are mint, action is tight, she had been reblued fairly recently and then put away dry as there were some rust spots on the barrel. I had a new ivory bead made up and then she was good for Africa.

Posts: 137 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 25 August 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a wonderful gun ...and it's still making history!! Well done John!!

A day spent in the bush is a day added to your life
Hunt Australia - Website
Hunt Australia - Facebook
Hunt Australia - TV

Posts: 4456 | Location: Australia | Registered: 23 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratultions! A classic safari with a classic rifle. Wonderful.

Posts: 150 | Location: Blanco Co., TX | Registered: 16 September 2005Reply With Quote