ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Elephant, buff & leopard with Zambezi Hunters (more photos added
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Elephant, buff & leopard with Zambezi Hunters (more photos added
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Posts: 11978 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of opus72
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! Looking forward to the pictures and the rest of the write up.

Posts: 262 | Location: Mount Pleasant, SC | Registered: 02 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Outstanding, Larry.

I look forward to any and all additional pictues you post on this.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 818 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Larry, Makes me smile. Big Grin

Mike tu2

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Keep it coming Bwana Shores.

Will J. Parks, III

Posts: 2988 | Location: Alabama USA | Registered: 09 July 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
How's the song go I need More More More!

Very Cool

HBH

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey Larry - Makorokoto!!

Look forward to the pics and the rest of the story!! Keep it coming...

Posts: 352 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 01 May 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Almost done with the report. The pictures have been loading on Photobucket since this morning. They are only half way done.

Posts: 11978 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Keep it coming Bwana Shores.
+1
tu2

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If I can figure out my i phone issue, I will post more of the leopard. Also, somehow the kudu pictures didn't load on photobucket. I will work on that as well.

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Congrats on another great hunt Larry. Great trophies!

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Excellent report Larry... thanks for taking the time to put it down in detail! Superb trophies as well, old, past their prime males hunted properly. Well done!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
Excellent report, Larry!

Congrats on a great trip, sorry you had to call it a quits a few days early but sounds like you had a fantastic trip.

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Great reoprt Larry
Thanks

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Great hunt, great report, congratulations Larry, Collen and team. Eish but Gabriel has packed on a few pounds eh? Smiler

Posts: 2270 | Location: Zimbabwe | Registered: 28 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Outstanding Larry! tu2 Congrats! Big Grin

One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
Laminitis in a kudu?

www.heymusa.com

HSC Booth # 306
SCI Booth # 3947

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Awesome Larry!! Well done.

Did you weigh that Leopard?? He's big.

He proves why the Leopard is the world's ultimate predator...he managed to survive despite losing a foot. Looks to be in good health as well. I would love to see the poacher who set that snare in my crosshairs...

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Great hunt and trophies. Thanks for sharing.

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11006 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry - Big congrats! Some nice photos too, thanks for posting.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Frank:

We did weight it but I do not recall with certainty. I think it was 140. He was in serious decline. The ecologist who is studying leopards recons he lost 35-40% of his body weight.

I am going to post some more pictures.

David:

I don't think Gabriel has gained a whole lot. It is probably what he is wearing.

I will tell you that Gabriel is hell on wheels. He has balls the size of watermelons. He was right there in there in the thick of things armed with only a flashlight.

Brent:

I hear what you are saying about the hooves. Why is this only on the front? The back was totally normal.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
]

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Larry, you can see by these recent photo's that this poor Leopard was struggling to survive.
His hips and rear legs are very lean for a cat his size...he is a huge bodied Leopard in his prime so he should be heavily built.

What a shame that those bastard made him suffer!

Posts: 6080 | Location: New York City "The Concrete Jungle" | Registered: 04 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
Larry, I haven't see Gabriel for a while...Anyway, long standing joke between some of us, I will undoubtedly get the same when I see him. I have firsthand knowledge of Gabriel's infield capabilities, having spent years working with him, anti-poaching and hunting, Humani and Chewore. Top notch fellow, Humani/Roger Whittall trained.

Cheers, David

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You know, the more I read this report, look at the photos/trophies, the more I realize this was truly an AWESOME safari!! What more could you ask for in 10 Days????

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4884 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron Neilson:
You know, the more I read this report, look at the photos/trophies, the more I realize this was truly an AWESOME safari!! What more could you ask for in 10 Days????

tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
David:

My dumb ass went to chase the wounded leopard wearing shorts, a tee shirt and a long sleeve shirt.

I realized that I was "under dressed" when I saw Gabriel & Kapazi put on every bit of clothing they had.

I brought Gabriel & Kapazi binoculars. They went wild over those.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry, That is a great cat! Sounds like you had a wonderful adventure.

Posts: 834 | Location: Plover, Wi | Registered: 04 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all.

Should you ever have the good fortune to hunt Sango, you should try and get the game scout we had. His name was Etai.

He was a nice guy. He tried really hard. He was most helpful. He definitely added to the hunt. I do not think I have mentioned his name previously.

One of Us
Picture of A.Dahlgren
posted Hide Post
lovely photos of the leopard, congrats again!!

Posts: 2637 | Location: North | Registered: 24 May 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by larryshores:
David:

My dumb ass went to chase the wounded leopard wearing shorts, a tee shirt and a long sleeve shirt.

I realized that I was "under dressed" when I saw Gabriel & Kapazi put on every bit of clothing they had.

I brought Gabriel & Kapazi binoculars. They went wild over those.

Larry, well at least you only would have been clawed by 3 sets of claws.....Ja I think that dressing up is a great plan, but not too much to hinder movement. Once I saw Lou 'the leopard' Hallamore getting ready for a wounded leopard follow up - trenchcoat with good collar was his main piece...I'm sure those guys must have been super chuffed with the binos, all tracker teams should have at least a decent pair between them, the vast majority see better than their PH's! This is a great report Larry, not only because of the super trophies, but because it is so different, unique. Well done my friend.

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Etai was our gamescout in 2009. He was pleasant and strong. He carried a bushpig across his shoulders all the way back to the truck. I believe it was more than one mile.

Everything from your hunt looks to be top notch, Larry. I particularly like that leopard. Who know what a monster he would have been but for the traps and snares.

Congrats and well done as usual.

Will J. Parks, III

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Will.

Good luck on your trip. When do you leave?

One of Us
Picture of safari-lawyer
posted Hide Post
Etai, fully loaded.

Larry, I leave on Tuesday.

Will J. Parks, III

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good luck.

It hasn't been as hot as usual over there. Maybe the weather will stay good for you as well.

Collen says he has seen a number of good bulls.

One of Us
Picture of David Hulme
posted Hide Post
With Mudhini smiling in the background.... That's another tough lad I've had the pleasure of working with, good poacher catcher.

One of Us
Picture of samir
posted Hide Post
Wonderful report. It doesn't get to much better than that. beer

DRSS
Searcy 470 NE

Posts: 1427 | Location: San Diego | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Great report, Larry! It felt like being there Smiler
Thanks and congrats on a wonderful result.

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
Here in the Eastern Cape, there are occassions where kudu have been found with elongated hooves, mainly in the Karoo in river bed and surrounding terrein. The sandy soil does not allow for the wear of the hooves as in more rocky / stoney terrein.

Mr Shores, it looks as though you had an excellent hunt, well done.

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow! Unique trophies all around.

Congratulations!

Best regards, D. Nelson