Notify
Tools

Back in to Karamoja!!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of FishN4Eyes
posted Hide Post
What an adventure!

Really cool photos and great report, thanks!

I'm very envious, congrats!

Chris

Posts: 736 | Location: Helena, Montana | Registered: 28 October 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
What everyone else said!!! Fantastic report and is certainly feed (or baiting) our African addictions.

Congratulations, D. Nelson

one of us
Picture of Jerry Huffaker
posted Hide Post
Great report Lane, very interesting. Thank you for sharing.

Jerry Huffaker
State, National and World Champion Taxidermist

Posts: 2012 | Registered: 27 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane,
You are truely a baddass!!!! Thanks for the email headsup...me and Doc have been talking about you, wondering what kind of trouble you were getting into. We need to come for a visit or you need to come down. We've got some really cool stuff working! Cool Plus we want a slide show and lecture!

For someone like me that loves the different species of game, that jackson's hartebeest is making me drool!!! So awesome..now you just need a coke's, lewels, western..hahah

It must have been an amazing feeling to be somewhere so isolated from the western world, I applaud your sense of adventure...and you have a PLATINUM MAN CARD!

Posts: 725 | Location: Texas | Registered: 05 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
This is the kind of hunt I dream about, with all elements. Thanks very much for sharing. Wonderful all around!

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Hi Oryxhunter,

Tell Doc Howdy for me. I definitely need to schedule a visit with you guys down in AggieLand.

He does not know it yet...but I am gonna try and get SGraves155 enlisted into the project!!!

Maybe I can bring him for a visit when I come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37743 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Kidepo Valley National Park Lions:

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 37743 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane, what beautiful country. Thanks for sharing this.

When will it be possible to hunt (buffalo) in this area?

Posts: 477 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 21 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Looks like a real adventure!

Posts: 10969 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
JohnDL,
It is possible to hunt buff there now. Contact Nigel Theisen at: nigeltheisen@gmail.com

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post

Rothschild Giraffe in Kidepo Valley National Park.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of steve f
posted Hide Post
Nice report with great pics-thanks for sharing !

SCI
DSC
NRA
NAHC
DRSS

Posts: 93 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 12 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Thanks for this report. Karamoja! Fantastic!

Love your old buffalo bull, and the horns on that hartebeest are pretty amazing.

Congratulations!

Mike

Wilderness is my cathedral, and hunting is my prayer.

Posts: 13613 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a fantastic adventure tu2

It looks like a very WILD country and much to explore!!!

Hope ya got more pics...I'm enjoying them!!!

Thanks!

Posts: 3430 | Registered: 24 February 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BrettAKSCI
posted Hide Post
Any chance for lions on the menu any time soon?

Brett

DRSS
Life Member SCI
Life Member NRA
Life Member WSF

Rhyme of the Sheep Hunter
May fordings never be too deep, And alders not too thick; May rock slides never be too steep And ridges not too slick.
And may your bullets shoot as swell As Fred Bear's arrow's flew; And may your nose work just as well As Jack O'Connor's too.
May winds be never at your tail When stalking down the steep; May bears be never on your trail When packing out your sheep.
May the hundred pounds upon you Not make you break or trip; And may the plane in which you flew Await you at the strip.
-Seth Peterson

Posts: 4551 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 21 February 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great stuff Sir. Kudos to Nig and his team for opening up one of the great old name areas again, and to you and the others for taking the first steps in there. Certainly if it wasn't for the non risk averse such as yourselves hunting in Africa would be in much worse shape.

BTW lets not get started on the UN, here in Arusha they have their own motorcade that you are supposed to get off the road for - like a Head of State!! The arrogance is truly stunning.

Well done again.

Posts: 280 | Location: Tanzania | Registered: 11 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Brett

Probably not for a while...but Mr. Philip Chollet could talk on this subject better. Philip post here...maybe he will answer.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all of the kudos on the hunt from everyone!!!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
BTW lets not get started on the UN, here in Arusha they have their own motorcade that you are supposed to get off the road for - like a Head of State!! The arrogance is truly stunning.

From what I have seen...the UN is one of the downfalls of Africa...and maybe the world.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post

Mr. Philip readying one of his hunting cars at his Kampala compound.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
Has Nigel removed himself from that pratt Brittingham?

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9948 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fairgame:
Has Nigel removed himself from that pratt Brittingham?

Nope...as we say in the States...he has kept his day job.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
Picture of Bill C
posted Hide Post
All around very very cool! Congratulations.

I was hoping some from the forum would be able to take advantage of Steve's offer, and report back. One aspect that strikes me is the ease of getting there via KLM. Looks like yet another new and exciting hunt destination!

Posts: 3153 | Location: PA | Registered: 02 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:

Brett

No lion on the menu for the time being. The lion population in Karamoja is restricted to Kidepo National Park in the North (70-80 individuals in 8-9 prides), and there are only a few individuals further South.

With general animal populations now increasing, and a decrease in poaching, lion numbers should be on the increase in the near future.

Philip

Posts: 1252 | Location: East Africa | Registered: 14 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Philip A.:
quote:
Originally posted by Brett Adam Barringer:

Brett

No lion on the menu for the time being. The lion population in Karamoja is restricted to Kidepo National Park in the North (70-80 individuals in 8-9 prides), and there are only a few individuals further South.

With general animal populations now increasing, and a decrease in poaching, lion numbers should be on the increase in the near future.

Lion track around water hole about 20 KM out of Kidepo Park.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lane how many Leopard tracks did you see while you where there??

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ddrhook:
Lane how many Leopard tracks did you see while you where there??

Quite a few...as well as the cheetah track that I posted.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post

Just another trophie pic. rotflmo

Really though there were tons of different kinds of chamelion (sp?) in the area as well as other types of unique lizards.

We stopped to move this fellow off of the road.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post

A new cook with his first loaves of bread!

Organizing a new company is always a headache. But in Uganda you have generations of people that know nothing of the Safari industry and they all must be trained.

Nigel is the ultimate perfectionist though...

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the picture with Spotty in it Big Grin

Posts: 3818 | Location: kenya, tanzania,RSA,Uganda or Ethophia depending on day of the week | Registered: 27 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brain1
posted Hide Post
Very nicely done. Down here in Bridgeport, we appreciate a good hunt. Thanks ledvm

You can borrow money, but you can't borrow time. Don't wait, go now.
Savannah Safaris Namibia
Otjitambi Trails & Safaris
DRSS
NRA
SCI
DSC
TSRA
TMPA

Posts: 1262 | Location: Bridgeport, Tx | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Good stuff Lane!
Uganda is still one of the most game rich country's in Africa that I have ever hunted. I missed this post the first time around.

Posts: 1815 | Location: Sinton, Texas | Registered: 08 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great pictures! Great Buff!

Thank you for sharing these pictures and your report. It’s great to be able to actually see the hunting country of a new ‘old’ hunting area with so much history. It looks fantastic. Congrats to you!

I’ve only hunted (4) countries in Africa, and wanted to add Mozambique & Botswana to the list. Now, I have to add three! tu2

Posts: 2623 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for sharing this great adventure. My favorite pictures are of the two male lions.

Posts: 11994 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slider
posted Hide Post
Amazing Adventure. A Buff on the last day is Icing on the Cake. Congrats

Posts: 2694 | Location: East Wenatchee | Registered: 18 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow. Great report and what a beautiful old buffalo. Congratulations.

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just have to add : oh those Lions!!!

Posts: 744 | Location: Australia  | Registered: 31 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fairgame
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve416:
Just have to add : oh those Lions!!!

Small ones

ROYAL KAFUE LTD
Email - kafueroyal@gmail.com
Tel/Whatsapp (00260) 975315144
Instagram - kafueroyal

Posts: 9948 | Location: Zambia | Registered: 10 April 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on what seems to have been a great hunt Smiler
Always wanted to go to Uganda. Even for a photo tour, but hunting would be the ultimate dream! East Africa rule!

Posts: 1091 | Location: Norway | Registered: 08 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Friends of ours took a 28 day safari in Uganda in 1970. The entire family of six went with four of them hunting. Their PH was Nicky Blunt and I remember going to their home a couple of months later to watch the 8mm films of the hunt. Truly an experience of a lifetime topped off by the father taking a leopard 15 ft away.

Posts: 205 | Registered: 09 September 2006Reply With Quote