Find
Notify
Tools

416 Rigby Load Data
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Hey Folks,

I went out and dropped the dime on a 416 Rigby Dakota. Now I have to feed the thing! I have never reloaded in the past, but it looks like I am about to start! Any advice or guidance on Best press,Best Dies, Best components (any recipes would be appreciated),advice in general? A friend recommends IMR 4831 for powder. Anyone out there with Rigby reloading experience? Thanks Hugh

Posts: 54 | Location: GA | Registered: 15 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I started a thread on the Reloading forum yesterday about best presses, etc, specifically for rounds up to 415 Rigby. You'll find some good info on that there.

Posts: 898 | Location: Southlake, Tx | Registered: 30 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Your friend almost had it right on the powder. Classic load is 100 to 105 grains of H4831 (also H4831sc) with any 400 grain bullet. Should put you right at 2,400 fps with decent accuracy. I use the Norma brass and CCI Large Rifle Magnum primers. Just use a standard RCBS Rockchucker press with RCBS dies. Good luck and have fun with it. My .416 Rigby will go to Africa with me on August 12th.

Tim

Posts: 1430 | Location: California | Registered: 21 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Shumba,
Thanks. I appreciate the info. Good luck on your trip! Be sure to post your pics upon your return. Hugh

Posts: 54 | Location: GA | Registered: 15 July 2004Reply With Quote