ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    An idea for sharing hunt DVDs, at no cost!

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

An idea for sharing hunt DVDs, at no cost!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
With all of the sharing of personal hunt videos, has anyone ever thought of simply uploading the .ISO file (exact image or copy of DVD) and just posting a link to the download the file?

I think sharing these videos is great, and I'm sure some don't have the time or resources to send out hundreds and thousands of copies.

This way you would save a ton of postage and duplication expenses. The person downloading would only need to spend the time downloading it (minutes, to hours depending on your connection speed), buy a DVD-R, and download a simple ISO burning program like ImgBurn.

it may sound complicated, but it would actually be very easy. If someone is willing to send me a DVD as a tester I'd be glad to do it and see how it goes.

Or here is a quick tutorial on how to do this.

1. Download and install IMGburn
http://www.imgburn.com/

2. Insert your DVD, and then open IMGBurn. Choose the icon that says "Create Image file FROM disc"
You will of course need to remember where you have told the program to create the file to. Size of the file will depend on how much of the DVD is actually used for your video. Max on a regular DVD would be 4.7GB

3. Once the image file (.ISO file) has been created, upload it to a file sharing site. This is a good one that allows up to 5GB upload, with no need for registration and all that crap.

http://www.filedropper.com/

4. Once the upload is done (will take a while) it will give you a link. That link is what you can post for others to download from.

Your job is done...

The person downloading the file would need to:

1 - download the entire file from the link provided by the uploader.

2- Download and install IMGBurn
http://www.imgburn.com/

3 - Insert a blank DVD-R into your DVD burner drive (this is stating the obvious but your computer would need to have a DVD burner). Then simply choose "Write Image File TO Disc" select the ISO file you downloaded and let it burn!

Once that is complete, you will have an exact copy of the original DVD. (minus on disc printing and fancy cover)

Now this was just an idea. Might be too complicated for some, but its actually very simple and the program needed is a small, free, and un-intrusive program. I've done this for years.

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
this of course is only legal if you are sharing your own video, or have permission to do so. Cool

Posts: 756 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Interesting!

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote