Find
Notify
Tools

Zimbabwe 1996
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I am posting this again for the benefit of those who do have not seen this report.

Zimbabwe 1996

Posts: 67008 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of cchunter
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Thank you for showing us these nice photos.

I missunderstood one photo before I reed the text, I thought that the croc was spitting out Walter because of that he didn' taste so well. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2121 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 08 May 2002Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Saeed

Great pictures and story

I guess Walther and the croc has the same size of stomach. I guess Walther is jealous of the croc big mouth. Imagine how much food Walther would stuff his stomach with if he had a croc mouth [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

CCHUNTER
No croc would like to eat Walther, he is to old and shouldn't taste very well and would be hard to digestBig Grin [Big Grin]

/ JOHAN

one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Nice shooting Saeed. What I want to know is - Do you ever wear anything but tennis shoes when hunting in Africa?

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great stuff! What is your brand of athletic shoe/sneaker? Adidas? Are they quiet/stealthy?

Posts: 28032 | Location: KY | Registered: 09 December 2001Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen,

The matter of shoes is always a bit of a hit and miss thing with me.

I have a very high arch, and don't seem to find many shoes that will fit me comfortably for a safari.

I normally go down to the sports shop, and pick a couple that seem most comfortable. Make is immaterial.

I sometimes wear Nike, sometimes New Balance or any other that fits.

Roy never seems to stop complaining about the noise my shoes make. Last year, after we shot an elephant, I did mention to him his lack of complaints about the noise of my shoes.

Normally we would be walking along very slowly towards the elephants, and he would turn around and gives me a good tung lashing about all the noise I am supposed to be making. Funny enough, all I can hear is noise HE is making!

He said it did not seem to make that of a difference to whether he complaint or not, I never listen!

Posts: 67008 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
those are some great photos Saeed...the croc hunting looks like a lot of fun, except when you have to go in after them [Eek!]

btw, i know the trouble fo finding good sneakers/shoes, i'm up to a size 15 extra width. [Eek!]

Posts: 1723 | Location: wyo | Registered: 03 March 2001Reply With Quote
<JOHAN>
posted
Gentlemen

I have a bit of problem my self and is known as the sneaker guy [Big Grin]

I noticed Saeeds choice in the first movie. Is he kidding around?
Getting new shoes is one heck of problem. Like Mr Vincent says about shot placement, but different to wide, too low, to small or to big [Big Grin]

I usually find shoes that fits in USA. I guess most europeans must be relatives with donald duck, flat and wide foots [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

/ JOHAN

one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Have you tried the shoes that Roy wears. well mabey a size or two smaller. [Wink] I cant find anything better, not even close. I'll scan a pic of my shoes to post here.

[ 11-19-2002, 13:49: Message edited by: LV Eric ]

Posts: 1407 | Location: Beverly Hills Ca 90210<---finally :) | Registered: 04 November 2001Reply With Quote