New
Find
Notify
Tools

in the blood
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I know I am truly behing the times but last eveningI veiw my newly aquired DVD of IN THe BLOOD.
I may be a weenie but I truly enjoyed it. This may be that I have just returned from Wyoming after a good season that ended with my wife and 12yrs old daughter taken ther 1st ever bucks on the same day. I am living the right of passage thing in our household. I was right there coaching the both of them and could not asked for a better experience. The wife took a good heavy 4x4 whitetail in the am. and that evening the daughter and I where on a stand a treeline where see took a wide 4x4 whitetail.

This is truly the life.

ED

Posts: 174 | Location: U.S.A | Registered: 15 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
EO,

You are definitely not a weenie (or maybe we both are [Big Grin] ). I truly love that film. George Butler did an incredibly good job with it (except in the DVD version, in the director's narration feature, he makes a couple of blunders--he refers to TR's Holland and Holland double as a "450/500 Nitro Express" instead of a 500/450 [Roll Eyes] , and he says that TR IV's David Miller custom buffalo rifle is a ".270" instead of a .375 [Roll Eyes] ).

Congratulations to you and your family on your trip, too. There's only one way to make sure that hunting stays "in the blood" of the next generation--and that's to take them along, as you did. [Wink]

Posts: 13399 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of packrattusnongratus
posted Hide Post
Where can I purchase a copy of In the Blood? I donated my tape to a local video store and when they closed up I lost track of the tape. Thanks Packy

Picture of T.Carr
posted Hide Post
packrat,

Here's a pretty good price Overstock

Regards,

Terry

Posts: 5338 | Location: A Texan in the Missouri Ozarks | Registered: 02 February 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Terry, thanks for the reference. This'll go under the tree for my son and I as we'll be in Namibia this summer for the first time. A good tune up.

Posts: 1283 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 20 October 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Webster "Webby" Kapaliswa, the young, black PH in Tanzania in 2001. He was one of the most endearing PH's/guides I have ever had the pleasure of hunting with. He still regularly emails me. He refers to me as his sister. The entire video and personnel were first class.

I use "In the Blood" to introduce non-hunters to hunting. They are always positively impressed.

Here is a photo of Webby from 2001. D. Nelson

-

one of us
Picture of DennisHP
posted Hide Post
Quote:

packrat,

Here's a pretty good price Overstock

Regards,

Terry

Overstock is out of stock but http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com has them for $18.00

Posts: 3931 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if this DVD can be purchased with DVD zones other than zone 1 ?

Is it available in video anywhere?

Thanks

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Damnit, you guys had to tell me about this. I went to the second website listed and immediately bought it. I'll give it to my stepfather, as I am sure he will want to watch it over and over and over. :-)

Thanks for telling me about this guys, I can't wait to watch it.

Nitrox,

If you cannot find it in a format that works for you, and can use the same kind of VHS as us let me know and I can make you a tape from it.

Red

Posts: 4740 | Location: Fresno, CA | Registered: 21 March 2003Reply With Quote