ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Hunting In The Selous With Roy And Alan Vincent

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting In The Selous With Roy And Alan Vincent
 Login/Join

Administrator
posted
Ladies and Gentlemen,

We have just returned from our hunt with our friends the Vincents.

Due to the large number of photos, I have seperated my report into 5 sections. This is done in consideration to our friends who are on dial up connections.

AR Hunting Pages

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67083 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of KUDUBULL
posted Hide Post
Saeed
What a truly great hunt you had. I just arrive back from the selous with PVT and had a blast. I will post later. Congratulations on a wonderful trip and exciting fun!

Ray Matthews
Matthews Outdoor Adventures
2808 Bainbridge Trail
Mansfield, Texas 76063

Posts: 321 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 18 June 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Thanks Saeed. Great hunt and wonderful photos. What a gorgeous camp.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16434 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
Stunning Guys , btw what caliber was the rifle, the Gamekeeper was issued with?

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
Great report Saeed. Thanks for all the photos and running updates. I was really impressed with that huge impala.

Kyler

I'm so old that I still have some skills even without an internet connection or electricity.

Posts: 2506 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Just finished reading the full report...Enjoyed reading and photos superb...

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 577NitroExpress
posted Hide Post
As always, Saeed, Amazing photos.

577NitroExpress
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Francotte .470 Nitro Express

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming...

Posts: 2789 | Location: Bucks County, Pennsylvania | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr rigby:
Stunning Guys , btw what caliber was the rifle, the Gamekeeper was issued with?

I think he had a Super Grade Winchester Model 70 in 458 Winchester. He only had 2 rounds of ammo for it. Each from different manufacturer.

My ammo is made from either 416 Dakota brass or 404 RWS brass. He was amazed how one rifle could shoot two different calibers as he looked at the head stamps!

In fact, he asked me if I thought some of my ammo would work in his rifle. I assured him it would not.

Posts: 67083 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
After what i heard about customofficilas looking on brass for wildcat ammunition, have you encountered any problem with it or is it a myth regarding the headstamp on the cases?

the bullet with the bronz colored tip in 375 is that you and Walthers design or is it a commercial bullet you can get ?

So it was 458 he used, and it was a bit strange that hed had 2 rounds for it, but thats Africa, the continent that amazes and fascinates me all tthe time.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Kristiansand,Norway | Registered: 20 April 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
We have never had any problems with wildcats or headstamps.

The bullet you saw in teh photo is our own design and manufacture. We make them ourselves here on our CNC lathe. The cartridge is also of our own design, based on teh full length 404 case necked down to 375. Years before Remington dreamt up the 375 Ultra.

One of Us
Picture of mr rigby
posted Hide Post
So its similar to the 9,5x73 Miller & Greiss Magnum.

The 375 is a great diameter, and with a great case like the 404 ,its a good combination of those two . I hope that there will be a factory that will come a alternative to 375 RUM some day , perhaps Norma will, they are making other goodies that will come out next year.

one of us
Picture of hamdeni
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

Welcome back and very nice photos and report.
Looking forward to see the DVD's.

Hamdeni thumb

Posts: 1846 | Location: uae | Registered: 30 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I noticed both Game Scouts shot LH. Most unusual to find an african that is a "true" LH due to customs. The left hand is used to clean one's A$$ and the right one to eat with Cool

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pictures and the stories.
I really enjoyed them.
thumb
L

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
Saeed,

As always your reports are great. Looks like you and your crew had a fine time again.

-Steve

--------

www.zonedar.com

If you can't be a good example, be a horrible warning
DRSS C&H 475 NE
--------

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote