ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Peter Harris & Nsthonalanga Safaris

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Peter Harris & Nsthonalanga Safaris
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of stuntpilot2
posted
I just finished an impressive 10-day safari in RSA with Peter Harris of Nsthonalanga Safaris. He and his entire staff are a first rate team of professionals and consummate entertainers. My expectations prior to the safari were quite high, and he dramatically exceeded all of them.
Peter acted as my guide in two separate geographies. The first was about 120 miles north east of Pretoria and included some co-guiding by Hendrik Botha. Hendrik was another pro, and a great host. I especially enjoyed our discussions about shooting and reloading. While north, we visited the Leshoka Game Lodge, which I would recommend with enthusiasm. The second portion of our time together was spent approximately 250 miles south east of Pretoria. It took us to Qwa Qwa National Park, as well as to the Bokpoort ranch. The vistas at the former are surpassed only by the hospitality at the latter.
Prior to arriving in RSA, I had only intended to take half a dozen trophies. Peter is such an accomplished guide that those were in the bag in the first days. He and I spent the remaining week expanding my list to over three times its original size. Peter consistently managed to quickly get me into favorable shooting positions for one shot dispatches. I very much look forward to hunting with him again.
For the benefit of those who might consider safari with Peter, his newly completed lodge near Pretoria is spacious, and very comfortably appointed. Linda and Liselle, who effectively run the lodge while Peter is in the field, are great fun and made every effort to ensure I was well taken care of. So much so, I gained several pounds while under their care.
As a final note, having never met Peter prior to our safari, I decided to go with his outfit on the basis of Saeed's recommendations, and those of others on this site. My personal thanks to Saeed for providing this forum, and to all for the collective wisdom I continue to find here.

Sean Forbes
(stuntpilot2)

Posts: 214 | Location: Texas | Registered: 24 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sean, Were you hunting on Johan and Koos Botha's place? I assume so. Great people. QWA QWA is also a place unto itself. Although the shooting is more long range there the animals are great and the scenery magnificent. Lots of wind as IM sure you found out. The hospitality at Bokpoort is also great. How about some pictures and stories?

[ 10-19-2003, 04:32: Message edited by: Mike Smith ]

Posts: 4106 | Location: USA | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
stuntpilot2,

Welcome to the forum.

No surprises at all you had a great hunt with Peter. I will recommend him without any reservations.

Posts: 66946 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gustavo
posted Hide Post
Peter and his staff are not only first class, thery are real gentlemen. I'll book again with him anytime soon.

Posts: 748 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 14 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I have never hunted with Peter Harris et al. But have done business with them in conjunction with a Safari Club Chapter. They donate to our Chapter (in a big way) and we send our chapter members off with them to hunt. Zero problems, zero complaints, and zero headaches. A treat to deal with. Obviously a class act.

Matt Norman
Detroit Chapter SCI

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote