One of Us
posted
Hunters, Henry McMillen, Bill Watson
Safari Co. Dalerwa Ventures for Wildlife
P.H. Siegfried Osmers, Floris de Meyer
Tracker Rekson
Delta Nashville Atlanta Jberg
7/23/11 to 8/6/11
Animals Targeted Henry, Buffalo, Nyala, Warthog, Bill Nyala, Bushbuck, (all taken)
Also Impala,Duiker, Waterbuck
Rifles Heym 450/400 H-S precision 416-300 and Ruger 77 in 300 SAUM

This hunt started when we bought a auction at the NWTF it included 7 days with Impala, Warthog and Duiker. This saved some on the daily rate.
We expanded it to 15 days with a side trip to Kwa Zulu Natal for Nyala and a Bushbuck for me. The rest of the time was spent ni Limpopo at Siegfried's
Camp.
Travel was easy with the normal bunch of delays, but we got all are guns and luggage even though the flight Nashville to Atlanta was late and We didn't think they would get them transferred but the next leg also was delayed also.
Natal was rainy and windy and cold, but the Nyala were present in good numbers. We both scored the first day. With a promise that there were plenty of Bushbuck at the other camp we moved to Limpopo.
Game was very abundant but the Buffalo we were to hunt stayed in the cane along the river and after 4 days we switched areas and connected on a nice old bull that had been kicked out of the herd.
In the meantime I caught up with a decent Duiker,Impala, and Bushbuck. I had shot a Impala in Namibia but not as good.
Henry also got a nice Warthog as last year He shot a one tusker by accident
I had saw several Waterbuck and decided there was room on the wall and the next day stumbled into a very nice one. It was time to put the gun away.
All in all this was a Great hunt the P.H.'s were super the service was excellent. Animals were many and good quality.
For the last 7 days We were joined by Henry's wife and 2 grandchildren, there is so much to do in the area for non hunters.
Upon returning home I contracted African Tick fever, not pleasant.
This outfit I would recommend to any one. With contacts everywhere He can arrange for just about anything.

Posts: 121 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Anders
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a great hunt! Any photos to share?
Congrats Smiler

Anders

Hunting and fishing DVDs from Mossing & Stubberud Media: www.jaktogfiskedvd.no

..and my blog at: http://andersmossing.blogspot.com

Posts: 1959 | Location: Norway | Registered: 19 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Have photos, can't post.
Help.

Posts: 121 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 21 October 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Pictures from Billsan. He notes:
"The dates are wrong, took the battery out and forgot to reset"

Posts: 818 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Nice! Congrats! tu2

One of Us
Picture of 505 gibbs
posted Hide Post
Great trophies all the way around, but the nyala and the waterbuck are superb, congrats

One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Great nyala and the pics tell a thousand words.

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Great pictures, thanks for posting!

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12548 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill. Appreciate the kind words. I am glad that you and Henry enjoyed the trip. I am looking forward in seeing you guys in February in the USA again.

Regards

siegfried@dalerwaventures.com

Siegfried Osmers
Hunting Outfitter
Greater Africa Safaris
www.greaterafricasafaris.com
South Africa

Posts: 20 | Location: South Africa | Registered: 15 August 2011Reply With Quote