ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    My thirty year dream came true.........(updated with ele shot video)
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My thirty year dream came true.........(updated with ele shot video)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Well done JCS! So have you started planning your next trip yet?

Posts: 584 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: 13 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of twoseventy
posted Hide Post
I hunted the same area for my first cape buffalo in 1994 with Graham Hingesten. Enjoyed re-living my hunt by reading your report. Thank you.

...I say that hunters go into Paradise when they die, and live in this world more joyfully than any other men.
-Edward, duke of York

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero - 55 BC

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

Cogito ergo venor- KPete

“It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer, or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self-interest. We address ourselves, not to their humanity but to their self-love, and never talk to them of our own necessities but of their advantages.”
― Adam Smith - “Wealth of Nations”

Posts: 985 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 12 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of sjb
posted Hide Post
Great Hunt report, love the fact that you can enjoy chasing mature age animals and have no need for a "measure up" after the fact!! Got to love that Ele hunting, got my first a few months back and can not wait to go again. Africa is truly a special place to hunt. Scott dancing

Posts: 218 | Location: NSW , Australia | Registered: 11 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on what looks like an outstanding hunt.

I am hoping I can square everything away for a buff hunt in '13.

DRSS
Kreighoff 470 NE
Valmet 412 30/06 & 9.3x74R

Posts: 1064 | Location: Denver | Registered: 31 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very well done. Congrats and thanks for sharing.

one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the realization of a lifelong dream! Well done!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7532 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report. I to have a Sabatti 450NE. I took it with me on an elephant hunt this past October. Unfortunately the ele did not work out the the gun is still a virgin. Although I might shoot a deer with it this coming weekend.

Thanks for posting

Posts: 555 | Location: the Mississippi Delta | Registered: 05 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a great hunt. Nice write up. I enjoyed it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on a fantastic hunt and report.You did it right! Bill

DRSS

Posts: 180 | Location: Vancouver Island/High Arctic | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of matt u
posted Hide Post
Very nice Congratulations!!

Posts: 1662 | Location: Winston,Georgia | Registered: 07 July 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Great safari! I sent you a p.m., btw.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Judge G, I had read your earlier post about hunting the mopane and when we went there I wondered if it was the same place. It is a beautiful spot. The whole experience was one that I will never forget.

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report and welcome to the "conflict of emotions" elephant hunting club. Its a sure sign that you are a true sportsman and not just a killer. It's a membership to be proud of.

Posts: 559 | Location: UK | Registered: 17 November 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Game Hunter
posted Hide Post
Excellent report.

Keith O'Neal
Trophy Collectors Consultants
Po Box 3908
Oxford, AL. 36203
256-310-4424
TCChunts@gmail.com

All of your desires can be found on the other side of your fears.

Posts: 490 | Location: Oxford, AL. | Registered: 24 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
tu2

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2805 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great report, I was there with you when you stepped out from behind that bush to face your Buff.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

Rhodes
DRSS

Posts: 193 | Location: Oz | Registered: 22 July 2011Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It is a very humbling experience to harvest such a massive old creature and my emotions were quite solemn. I don’t think that anyone other than another hunter will ever understand the conflicting emotions of joy and sadness that are felt after taking the life of such a magnificent animal.

100% true.I't takes a moment to get smile on face for the photos... doesn't it...

Very fine story. Congrats!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Enjoyed your report and video!

Posts: 11651 | Location: Montreal | Registered: 07 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great Safari, well told, and quite the best of experiences. Sincere congratulations.

"The government cannot give to anyone anything that it does not first take from someone else."

Posts: 105 | Location: Looking for the Southern Cross | Registered: 13 November 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CCMDoc
posted Hide Post
That was absolutely outstanding! The hunt, your shooting and the manner in which you told the story. I was there with you. That I had been in that camp and seen those vistas a few years ago served to make it that much more "real" for me.

Great GREAT job!

NRA Lifer; DSC Lifer; SCI member; DRSS; AR member since November 9 2003

Don't Save the best for last, the smile for later or the "Thanks" for tomorow

Posts: 3460 | Location: In the Shadow of Griffin&Howe | Registered: 24 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of retreever
posted Hide Post
Dreams do come true. Congratulations!

Mike

Michael Podwika... DRSS bigbores and hunting www.pvt.co.za " MAKE THE SHOT " 450#2 Famars

Posts: 6767 | Location: Wyoming, Pa. USA | Registered: 17 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
Great report and dream come true. Ironically, I just completed my first trip to Africa and it has been 30 years since I first read Capstick.

Congrats on great trophies.

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JCS271
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the kind words, it truly was the adventure of a lifetime!

"The difference between adventure and disaster is preparation."
"The problem with quoting info from the internet is that you can never be sure it is accurate" Abraham Lincoln

Posts: 1626 | Location: Montana Territory | Registered: 27 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done! Nice hunt report. You will go back, judging from the smiles on your face!

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote