ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Bowhunting ele and leopard with Buzz Charlton
Page 1 2 

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bowhunting ele and leopard with Buzz Charlton
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
I wish to thank You all and wish YOu a merry Christmas and a happy New year.
I have received the video montage of the hunt and I don't regret any cent spent for this. Ryan did a great job and this way, plenty of friends have been able to share the hunt. I strongly recommend that fellow hunters opt for a cameraman, it enables to relive the joy and hardships of a hunt for ever.
Buzz is setting parts of this hunt in his new DVD and I am now swelling up with vanity Big Grin
all the best

J B de Runz
Be careful when blindly following the masses ... generally the "m" is silent

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbderunz:
I strongly recommend that fellow hunters opt for a cameraman, it enables to relive the joy and hardships of a hunt for ever.

Amen, money well spent and it is not that pricey (~$100/day).

Mike

Posts: 21668 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Will
posted Hide Post
The elephant hunt got quite a bit of footage (or Mb's) in Buzz's latest video. At least the bull didn't charge.

-------------------------------
Will Stewart / Once you've been amongst them, there is no such thing as too much gun.
---------------------------------------
and, God Bless John Wayne.

NRA Benefactor Member, GOA, N.A.G.R.

"Elephant and Elephant Guns" $99 shipped
“Hunting Africa's Dangerous Game" $20 shipped.

red.dirt.elephant@gmail.com

Hoping to wind up where elephant hunters go.

Posts: 19359 | Location: Ocala Flats | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the DVD as well and it is excellent. Congratulations on your hunt and on making it into an outstanding and informative hunting DVD.

Posts: 35 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: 23 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
JB,

Watched the Zambezi Extreme DVD on Sunday. You have my respect for being able to draw that bow and hold it at full draw three times before taking the shot. It takes a lot of strength to do that with a 90+ pound bow and to do it under those circumstances is quite a feat. Remind me if we ever meet not to arm wrestle with you.

Mike

one of us
posted Hide Post
JMines,
$100 dollars a day to film? Who is doing it that cheap?

Posts: 252 | Location: Morris IL USA | Registered: 25 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Charlton McCallum Safaris.

That is what I was charged last year and what I am paying this year. It is an incredible bargain given the memories it preserves.

Mike

one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Thanks, You ‘re too kind

Buzz told me about including clips into his DVD.
He also promised to send me one for my cousin Luc and one for me.
Unfortunately, I couldn’t visit the SCI show, my wife is very reluctant about my hunting trips and would have considered this visit as a hunting trip, thus depriving me of the next real one.

About dealing with the bow : I am struggling to keep my own weight under 150 pounds so as to be fit. I am training with this awesome bow every morning and every evening to keep my muscles and tendons functional. Practice is paramount and enables everybody to draw a powerful bow. Sadly, 2 months ago, I torn both my shoulders when lifting a decent wild boar into the truck after a driven hunt. Now I can handle only 80# and hope to reach 95# in 6 months. I was considering hunting with Buzz a PAC bull in March or April. No way now.

Will,
Didn’t You hunt with Buzz?
I like Your book and will read it again.

J B de Runz

Posts: 1727 | Location: France, Alsace, Saverne | Registered: 24 August 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Charles_Helm
posted Hide Post
I am sorry to hear of your shoulder injuries -- you have had some bad luck in the last year or so. I hope you bounce back quickly and can return to Africa soon.

I also enjoyed the portions of the DVD that showed your hunt.

Posts: 8773 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 24 April 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of jbderunz
posted Hide Post
Thanks Charles

I don't complain but every year I am impeded by some ailment. In fact it prevents me not from working but for serious stuff, hunting, it's no fun, as one has to be ship shape to thoroughly hunt in Africa. It's amazing how one can be more concerned with hunting than with the rest of the common life.
Bowhunting big game is really something different. One feels deeply uneasy approaching DG with the bow, no way to stop or deflect a charge, one has to trust the PH. But as soon as one is in good position, one forgets all about danger, only concerned by perfectly handling the bow and a thorough aiming. One is partially deprived of high adrenalin, too much preoccupied with a perfect shot.
I wish You try it.

J B de Runz