Find
Notify
Tools

Re: La Rochelle in Namibia
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Eric,

Looks like you had a ball and on a raffle hunt. Good for you! The Kalahari springbok is particularly nice.

Regards,

Mark

Posts: 12880 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh oh LA ROCHELLE,

if i remember right.there have been a lot of trouble about the owner of the La Rochelle farm here in Germany two or three years ago.
he was a real smart "businessman" and made a lot of money (millions!)by giving one city a credit..which he refinanced with a credit from another city and so on and on and on... in short words : a cheater , but a clever one

AS far as i read about the trouble:
His hunting farm in NAM went good as long as he and his ranch had been "protected" by one of the "kings" (the two of them have traded with each other two) in NAM for a long time....but one day he disputed with his "protector" and had to go in prison...and if i remember right...he was brought back to germany one year ago and overhere the court is handle the File (forgot the name of the owner of la rochelle).

It was big trouble nad in one of the big german political magazines there was a report over his farm too. Not good advertisement.

That have been said...Atkinson,..you may no more about it, or?
Who now is owning the ranch???

If i remeber right, the farm isn�t one of the cheaper ones more a hig rating luxus ranch..

So maybe you can tell me news about what has going on there...

cheers
Konstantin

P.S.: Sorry that i am not able to exress the story in a better english...

Posts: 334 | Location: Berlin, Germany | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of eric 98
posted Hide Post
when we were there in June last year he (Hans J. Koch ) was in prison awaiting/fighting extradition back to Germany. In the meantime the property is under a form of trusteeship with a couple of employees and lawyers as we understood. A beautiful place and good sized animals in abundance and still operating as far as I hear.

Posts: 287 | Location: Florida USA | Registered: 23 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gunther Heimstadt, owner of Holstein Ranch in Outjo, Namibia has been running hunts at La Rochelle for a few months. He even had one (a hunt at La Rochelle) on the silent auction at the Atlanta SCI show.

I have hunted with Gunther and can tell you that he runs a first class operation. I have no idea under what circumstances Gunther is operating La Rochelle (as a purchaser, in receivership, in trust, as a lessor, etc.), but would not hesitate to recommend a hunt with him.

Posts: 1443 | Registered: 09 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
It is under a new ownership now..that has been some time back...I am not too familiar with that early ownership and the events that took place, it has changed hands so many times that I cannot keep up and may have changed again..guess I need to check on that as I don't book a lot of hunts in Namibia...

Posts: 41892 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote