ACCURATERELOADING.COM AFRICA HUNTING REPORT FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Hunting Reports - Africa    Hunting with Hunt the Sun in South Africa

Moderators: T.Carr
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting with Hunt the Sun in South Africa
 Login/Join

posted
Just returned from second trip with Hunt the Sun. Last year, using a bow, I was able to get a nice old kudu, a beautiful waterbuck, a soon-to-make-it record steenbuck, and two blue wildebeest. This year is used a 50 cal. Thompson Center Reengade with 370 grain maxi-balls and Evert's 300 Winchester on the longer shots.

I had seven days to work with, and Evert, my PH, was always on the go to help me find what I was after this time around.

I was able to get a very nice gemsbuck and warthog with the blackpowder rifle. The 300 helped me to bag a really nice kudu and a super nyala in the Eastern Cape. Back to Imbassa Lodge for two black wildebeest and a final springbuck.

Accommodations were excellent. Food was wonderful and the staff really worked to make my second stay as well is the first one a good reason to come back.

I am already planning a third trip.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, but we need lots of photos!!!!

Best regards, D Nelson

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Welcome Jim, good first post. It would be a great first post if you added some pictures.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12556 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Pictures

Posts: 920 | Location: Chico California | Registered: 02 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WHERES THE PICTURES?
I can't complain, I haven't figured the photo part of this deal out yet myself.

LORD, let my bullets go where my crosshairs show.
Not all who wander are lost.
NEVER TRUST A FART!!!
Cecil Leonard

Posts: 2786 | Location: Northeast Louisianna | Registered: 06 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Upton O. Good
posted Hide Post
Welcome Jim, and congrats on your great hunt with Hunt the Sun. Evert is an excellent PH, isn't he?

One of Us
Picture of LittleJoe
posted Hide Post
As a few others have said on another forum, this post is worthless without pics. Would love to see them.

Posts: 1355 | Registered: 04 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scriptus
posted Hide Post
What is with the suspenders? Still no photos??? Frowner

Posts: 3297 | Location: South of the Equator. | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of fvh40
posted Hide Post
killpc
What about some pictures

PH 47/2015 EC
HC 16/2015 EC
Ferdi Venter
ferdiventer@gmail.com
http://www.ferdiventerhunting.com

Nature at your doorstep

Posts: 305 | Location: SA Eastern Cape | Registered: 20 August 2011Reply With Quote