New
Find
Notify
Tools

Exploratory Hunt Mozambique
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I wanted to take a minute and introduce myself and our new safari operation to the forum. My partners PH’s Peter Swanepoel Jr., Graham Cawood and I started Niassaland Safaris in Mozambique just this season and have recently concluded our first “exploratory hunts” with clients. We were fortunate enough to have secured a beautiful piece of land the Pembi Private Hunting Reserve a few hours north of Tete, Moz. The area supports a healthy family of big game species. These include Lion, Elephant, Leopard and Buffalo as well as Roan (not on quota), Sable, Kudu, Eland, Lichtenstein’s Hartebeest, common Waterbuck, chobe Bushbuck, Impala, Reedbuck, common Duiker, Bushpig, Warthog, Hippo, Crocodile and Hyena. Having only been granted access as of late August we put out a “feeler” to our past clients for an opportunity to assist us in opening a new camp and assessing numbers of game in the area. Graham is familiar with the land so we had a leg up. So far we are pleased with what we have seen and eager to start the hard work of establishing a proper anti-poaching team, tuning the camp and opening new roads. We would like to thank Ken Sardegna and Mike Daley a friend of the family and old time client for coming out and exploring. Here are a few trophies from his hunt that concluded just a few weeks ago. Obviously the Lion made us all very happy. We are just in the process of finishing the new website and hope to launch in the coming month.

Jim Koustas

Niassaland Safaris
Hunt Logic
www.huntlogic.com

E-mail:jim@huntlogic.com

Posts: 71 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 12 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on the new place

You're right. that Lion is amazing, and would make me happy tooSmiler

O

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice Lion. Good success in your endeavors.

Dutch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys. We are excited about the new property and what it has to offer.

Jim Koustas

Niassaland Safaris
Hunt Logic
www.huntlogic.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mozambique...my favorite African country to hunt.

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jim, is there a trick to getting into your website, or is it under construction?

Posts: 20086 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry Biebs. Still working on the web site. Hope to have it up and running in the next month! However, you can visit my partners site www.safaribwana.com for a little more info. Feel free to ping me or him if you need more info.

Jim Koustas

Niassaland Safaris
Hunt Logic
www.huntlogic.com

One of Us
Picture of Sherrill Philip Neese
posted Hide Post
Nice trophies!

DSC, DU, MBS, NRA, QDMA, RGS, RMEF, SCI

"Sherrill. Why do you belong to so many organizations?"
"Well... I have this thing for banquets."

Posts: 115 | Location: Millersville, MD | Registered: 09 October 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Safaris Botswana Bound
posted Hide Post
For an exploration hunt - or any hunt for that matter - nice resualts and nice trophies , if this is the begining it is only going to get better.

Posts: 473 | Location: Botswana | Registered: 29 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the hunter and good luck on your new project!

What else was taken by your hunters? Any buffalo? Was the lion hunted over bait and if so what was used as bait meat?

Good hunting!

"...Them, they were Giants!"
J.A. Hunter describing the early explorers and settlers of East Africa

hunting is not about the killing but about the chase of the hunt.... Ortega Y Gasset

Posts: 3034 | Location: Tanzania - The Land of Plenty | Registered: 19 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bwana, that particular Lion was taken over a Roan kill he produced and we were lucky enough to stumble on while tracking Elephant. We had another Lion on bait (kudu)in a different location but poachers stole the bait and game camera so we had to start all over on that one! In the end nature paved the way to success.

Our hunters have so far shot Lion, Kudu, Duiker, Grysbok, Warty, Hyena, Croc, Baboon and Lichtenstein Harty. One client was in the blind on a Leopard on bait and made a stupid noise that blew his shot opportunity! Lots of Elephant none taken yet. All in all the brief season we had started off with a bang.

Jim Koustas

Niassaland Safaris
Hunt Logic
www.huntlogic.com