New
Find
Notify
Tools

50BMG Reloading Die´s
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ok, i´ve found out that RCBS and CH4D are making Die´s....
Who else ??
Who´s making the best ??

Best
2RECON

Posts: 140 | Location: GERMANY | Registered: 05 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tiggertate
posted Hide Post
Even Lee makes 50 BMG dies these days. They are the least expensive that I know of. I never used a set of Lee dies that big but their conventional dies work well for me. I have a set of RCBS 50 BMG dies that are very good but really high-dollar.

"Experience" is the only class you take where the exam comes before the lesson.

Posts: 11137 | Location: Texas, USA | Registered: 22 September 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
rcbs

Posts: 13442 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob G
posted Hide Post
The Lee dies have a different thread than RCBS and most of the others. The standard thread is
1 1/2X12. The Lee dies are 1 1/4 in. dia.

Do it right the first time.

Posts: 239 | Location: North Smithfield, RI USA | Registered: 09 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
i use hornady 50 bmg dies

Posts: 82 | Location: az | Registered: 26 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I use RCBS and a friend uses LEE. There is no difference in the loaded ammo but I payed a lot more for my dies than he did. (of course it was before lee built bmg dies)

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have the Lee press and dies as well as the RCBS press and dies....one works as well as the other however the RCBS set-up is much heavier but also far more expensive.
Here in Canada one could probably buy about four Lee Classic Cast presses and die sets for the price of one RCBS Ammomaster press and die set.
Aside from being heavier the RCBS press also has a much larger opening making it easier to work with.
As for durability, I've loaded lots of 50 on both without a problem....

Posts: 98 | Location: Fraser Valley B.C. | Registered: 07 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is true, the RCBS is easier to get cases in and out of.

Matthew

Posts: 383 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 29 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Big Bore
posted Hide Post
I have been using my CH-4D dies for about 10 years and could not be happier with them.

Join the N.R.A.
Beware speaking with a sharp tongue, as you are apt to cut your own throat.

Posts: 641 | Location: Indiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 21 October 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I use CH4D and Hollywood. Dave at CH4D is a great guy and will always deliver what you want. As to seater I have found no better than my Hollywood micrometer inline seater.

One of Us
Picture of Lissauer
posted Hide Post
Dillon just came out with dies for the 50bmg

Posts: 28 | Location: Orange County, CA | Registered: 24 May 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Dies and a pretty nice press. Would like to see the comparison between it and the Corbin, Walnut hill, and Hollywood.

One of Us
Picture of PJS50
posted Hide Post
I run a Hollywood SR. turret press with mostly CH dies...
I like the heft of the CH dies (especially the decapp-expander pin on the sizing die).

I also like the floating-column affect of the CH straight-line seating die... Even with very long, CNC machined, solid VLD projos, this seater works very well...

I do also use a Hornady seating die in the mix, but I have removed the seating stem form it and I just use that die's body for a crimping station...

Screw RCBS... I still won't buy ANY of their crap after how they treated me with their .454 Casull dies (long story)...

The new Dillion setup is encoraging, but I haven't seen one up close and personal just yet... If it works as well as my 550B, then they are sure to sell a bunch...

Posts: 177 | Location: MI. | Registered: 04 October 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Agree with you I also have the Hollywood inline seater and love it. I had Joe make mine for DTC so I can use it for my .50DTC and .50BMG. I like that you can take the decapper out of the CH4D die and just screw it into the Hollywood press so I can then just decap and neck size.