Find
Notify
Tools

Katana vs .50 cal MG
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted
...actually I was quite amased that it takes 7 .50 cal bullets to brake the damn thing Smiler

http://www.compfused.com/directlink/608/

Posts: 2027 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of PJS50
posted Hide Post
I saw that a while ago.. That IS one heck of a sword! Especially considering that those projos ARE steel cored too....

Posts: 177 | Location: MI. | Registered: 04 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great slo-mo video, but what's the point? To demonstrate how fabulously tough those swords are supposed to be? The sword deflected 6 projectiles, but so would water if the angle was right. So would a bowl of gelatin, or an icecream cone.
"Mythbusters" recently showed various high-velocity projectiles breaking up when being shot into water, including a 50 BMG. That surprized the hell out of me.
How would the demonstration look if the situation were reversed, so to speak? How about some guy laying into a table of 50 BMG projectiles with a katana. I bet there'd be a whole bunch of chopped up bullets. After all, the sword is much harder than the projectile jacket.
Still, I wouldn't want to stand in front of a swishing katana blade, and I'm not volunteering to deflect any projectiles.
Cheers, Albatross [who was once Cheeky....only the name has changed].

Posts: 2497 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mythbusters" recently showed various high-velocity projectiles breaking up when being shot into water, including a 50 BMG. That

the 50 didnot break up, it lost its jacket..

One of Us
posted Hide Post
OK, but you know what I mean. I enjoyed "Mythbusters" more than the Katana video. Plus, they do firearm stuff in politically correct California. That takes balls.
Albatross.

Posts: 2497 | Location: Pacific Northwest | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ben589
posted Hide Post
Well - I guess this is just "don't bring a knife to a gunfight" to about the 10th power.

======================================
Cleachdadh mi fo m' féileadh dé tha an m' osan.

Posts: 2172 | Location: Highlands of South Alabama, USA | Registered: 28 October 2004Reply With Quote