THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM 50 CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  50 Caliber BMG Forum    MOA Range Of Super Sniper Scopes?

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MOA Range Of Super Sniper Scopes?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Does anyone know what the actual adjustment range either side of center is for the Super Sniper Models? This would be for both elevation as well as windage. I just purchased a Bushmaster BA-50 Rifle in .50 BMG, and would like a S.S. model that has the most adjustment range. Thanks in advance, Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The SS scopes I bought from Tasco and SWFA had 120 inches of elevation and windage. Both of them also broke on 50 caliber rifles. I got one of them fixed.

I do not think they are acceptable for use on the 50 BMG. Check out the opinions on biggerhammer.net

Ranb

Posts: 803 | Location: WA, USA | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is totally frustrating. All I've heard is how well the S.S. scopes hold up on fifty's. Then along comes someone who says they break. Not once, but twice. I've heard this on every single scope made by man on these rifles. Does ANYONE make a scope for the .50 that DOESN'T break????? Bill T.

Posts: 1540 | Location: Glendale, Arizona | Registered: 27 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No, there are none made like that.

But you can get a scope with a good reputation and warranty. Leupold, Nightforce, Nikon, Burris and others will work very well and likely last a long time. I do not think you can get a good tough long range scope for less than $800. That is part of the price one pays for quality. I use Leupolds on my 50's.

Ranb

Posts: 803 | Location: WA, USA | Registered: 29 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Go to www.USOPTICS.com and see their offerings.
Considerably more money than what you have been considering. Have used their optics on 50's and others and they are built for the toughest conditions/applications. I suppose you could break one of their scopes, but don't know how you would go about it.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have heard that the Swarovski scope made for the Barrett 50 is good.

The Nightforce 5.5-22 scopes we had on our Barretts held up, no problems.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Tyler Kemp
posted Hide Post
My Super Sniper has about 135 MOA of adjustment and tracks very nicely. I've had it on up to a 300 Weatherby and it has performed flawlessly.

Love shooting precision and long range. Big bores too!

Recent college grad, started a company called MK Machining where I'm developing a bullpup rifle chassis system.

Posts: 2598 | Location: Missouri | Registered: 29 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Suggest you take a look at U.S.Optics and what they have to offer. www.usoptics.com mfg.s excellent optics for whatever you may need.

Posts: 1328 | Location: West Virginia | Registered: 19 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:

thumb

And the NF 12-42 has for me

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Collins
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
quote:
Originally posted by N E 450 No2:

thumb

And the NF 12-42 has for me

+1 on the Nightforce

Collins
Airgunner / 458 SOCOMer/ 45-70er / 458 Lotter

www.actionairgun.com LIVE NOW

Posts: 2327 | Location: The Sunny South! St. Augustine, FL | Registered: 29 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If you are looking at the super sniper it's probably because you are on a budget. I had a Nikko Sterling 6-24 nighteater on my Serbu 50bmg. It withstood a couple hundred rounds before I took it off. I'm now putting on the Burris 6-24xtr. The Nikko isn't exceptionally clear at higher magnification but the one I had held up and they are less than $300. I believe they have a lifetime warranty as well.

Posts: 1144 | Location: utah | Registered: 07 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Leupold warrants their optics for life, unconditionally, and regardless if you're the original owner or won the glass in a crap-shoot.