THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM 50 CALIBER FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Rifles  Hop To Forums  50 Caliber BMG Forum    Hot Damn!! I got a Barrett Today!!

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hot Damn!! I got a Barrett Today!!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just returned from the gun store where I purchased a model 95 Barrett! I feel like I got a steal, It was new & unfired, but was trade show demo. I bought it for $4000 out the door. This included the rings, 2 magazines, A hardshell case & a box of ammo. I was really impressed with the trigger on this gun, other 50's I have tried, had horrible triggers. Tell me the good & the bad about barrett. This is my first 50 bmg, & I'm mighty anxious to get to the range & try her out. Thanks for your time.

Regards Mike

Whiskey for my men & beer for my horses

Posts: 308 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 12 September 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!! I dont own one just yet in life but plan on it one day. Looking forward to some reports on the fun your about to have...

Cheers,
Justin

Posts: 43 | Location: Palmer College of Chiropractic,Iowa | Registered: 14 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of baboon
posted Hide Post
thumbWhat scope you going to slap on that bad boy?Good news its a Barrett.Bad news can be expensive habit to feed.Really think about where you shoot it.A stray riccochet can travel a good distance and still be very dangerous.

Cry 'Havoc,' and let slip the dogs of war;
That this foul deed shall smell above the earth
With carrion men, groaning for burial.

Posts: 1107 | Location: Houston Texas | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I installed a leupold 6.5-20X long range with side focus & a 1/8" dot. I have found a range close by, that I can shoot at 700 yrds.

Regards Mike

Whiskey for my men & beer for my horses

Posts: 308 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: 12 September 2003Reply With Quote