New
Find
Notify
Tools

So who got one?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
There on the streets and I wanna know who has one.
Not that I want one or anything [Wink] Just like to hear what there like for real. [Smile]

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of tommyn
posted Hide Post
[Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

one of us
posted Hide Post
jules ??? G2 right ??? [Eek!]

Posts: 302 | Location: clinton mo. | Registered: 20 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's correct buckweet.

Posts: 1902 | Location: Va. Beach,Va. | Registered: 10 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I just talked to Mark Komoroski from D&R Sports and he dosen't have any in yet? I'm still looking to see who else has them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have called TC weekly to check and see if they have shipped any G2's. They say no, consistently, but still they expect to ship before the end of May. As of last week, the guy I talked to did not believe that they had actually shipped any new frames. If they are turning up in your area, or you can cofirm that they are actually shipping the darn things, let me know. They proprietor of the shop where I have left a deposit for a new G2 frame is doubtful that they will actually ever ship one. Thanks.

Posts: 135 | Location: Dayton, OH | Registered: 11 July 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Unless it's just BS I read on another forum {GBO} where a guy got one from his dealer. That's why I asked if anyone here got one. I haven't been able to find anyone else with one.

one of us
Picture of 1buba
posted Hide Post
Coon Bone -
GBO??? Don't you feel like you have algie coming out your ears from that pond scum???

HAHAHAHAHA

I won't be getting any here in CA. However, on a positive note, I'm trading my .223 Encore barrel for a 7mm Rem Mag. Didn't really want one, but hey, I have 4 or 5 .223's. :-)

steve

Posts: 329 | Location: North Pole, AK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jules,

My buddy has a gun shop that is about 3 hours away. They call me anytime they get contender stuff in and left me a message that they had a new contender in. I was working near by and stopped for just a second to tell him to keep it until the weekend when he hands me a G2. He had customers and I left. Turns out it was one of the pre production models that they have been using at the shot show, ect. The new frame that he had for me was old style. I don't know if the guy your talking about is BS everyone or not but from what the local dealers are saying T/C is taking those preproduction models around to all the dealers.

I talked with Ed the other day and he is suppose to get some of the first ones out. I think wood may be the hold up because I know a lot of places have the new 23" barrels in stock but no new wood to fit the bulled barrels.

Posts: 241 | Location: Beaumont, tx | Registered: 20 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
Hi Gary, Was the "preproduction model" made of clay?? [Big Grin] LOL! [Wink]

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
My weekly call to TC today informed me that they have shippable frames and orders to ship against. The CS rep wold not definitively say that they had shipped any frames yet, but she made it sound like there was no doubt that they would be shipping them today, or very soon. Bout time. I remain optimistic. Let me know if any of you hear anything to confirm this info. Thanks.

<Headstamp>
posted
The only models they are shipping now are made of Oak. When they make enough money on those they will try to make them out of regular steel or cast iron. Whichever weighs more.

[Wink]

one of us
Picture of Magnum Mike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Headstamp:
The only models they are shipping now are made of Oak. When they make enough money on those they will try to make them out of regular steel or cast iron. Whichever weighs more.

[Wink]

You thinkin boat anchor??

Posts: 1574 | Location: Western Pennsylvania | Registered: 12 September 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

one of us
posted Hide Post
This week's call (6 June 03) netted the following information: As of this morning, TC has shipped 145 G2 frames out to dealers and distributors, and they had 120 in stock ready to ship. When I asked about the amount of backorders, the CS responded by saying that there were thousands of orders waiting to be filled. Good news is, they are actually shipping the G2 frames. Bad news is, it may still take months for me, or anybody else, to receive one. Progress, none the less...