New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage Striker ?
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I just received my Savage Striker 516 with adj muzzle brake in 243 Win. It looks to be a real nice gun. I have been told they have bad trigger pulls but this one seems great. I know they have different series of triggers depending on the age of gun and if it has been updated. Can anyone tell me how I can tell what trigger set up this one has? Thanks, Lone Hunter

Posts: 210 | Location: Smithfield, NC, USA | Registered: 15 April 2002Reply With Quote
<IKE>
posted
The aftermarket trigger for the Striker is made by Bob Brassfield of Rifle Basix, have your action out of the stock when you call Bob and he can tell you which trigger series / type you have.

By the way, if you later feel you want a Rifle Basix trigger Bob sells two adjustable triggers for the Striker, at the time I bought mine he had one that was adjustable from 1 1/2 to 3lbs and the other from 8 ozs. to 1 1/2lbs.

I had the 8 oz. to 1 1/2lb model on my model 510F Striker in 7mm08 and it was well worth the aprox. $80.00 he gets for them.

Bob is good people and can reached in Charlotte, NC at 704-566-1939 or 704-458-0136.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I believe you have the newest one. I only know of two types put out by Savage. If your trigger feels pretty good out of the box, you probably have the one made out of sintered iron. This is a powder that is compressed and cooked, basically molded, which gives it a very hard and smooth surface. That's what makes it smoother than a cut or stamped piece. Unfortunately, it prevents you from working on it too much, since you can cut through the very thin hard surface into the softer iron below. You can swap the little wire spring with a smaller diameter wire, and with adjustments get it down to about three pounds or so.

Posts: 207 | Location: Sacramento, CA, USA | Registered: 15 February 2002Reply With Quote
<SlimL>
posted
I have heard the same thing about Encore trigger and mine is great. Smooth with no creep. Weight might be a little heavy but other then that it is good. You never can tell until you feel it yourself. Slim.

one of us
posted Hide Post
MY ENCORE HAS TRIGGER CREEP ,BUT WHAT I WANT TO KNOW IS HOW ACCURATE ARE THE STRIKERS,I HAVE SEEN THEM AT GANDER MOUNTAIN WITH SYNTHETIC STOCK,I PERSONALY DONT CARE FOR THE FEEL OF THE SYNTHETIC STOCK BUT IF THEY SHOOT GOOD I CAN GET OVER THAT OR DO THEY MAKE A WOOD STOCK FOR THE STRIKER,THE PRICE ISNT BAD FOR THEM EITHER

Posts: 262 | Location: pa | Registered: 09 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have not shot mine yet. But what I have been told they are very accurate.I sure hope so. They are heavy compared to my contender.It seems to ballance better than my Lone Eagle. Time will tell. Lone Hunter

Posts: 210 | Location: Smithfield, NC, USA | Registered: 15 April 2002Reply With Quote